MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I must be a dick and a terrible parent, but I wouldn't want my kids at work with me every day.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's almost Gallo time..... in AAA for now. He has added a toe tap to help keep the bat back. I know he will always be susceptible to the strikeout but if Spring Training is any indication then he seems to be on the right track. I know it's Spring Training but it's all I have to go on for now. Will be making a few trips to check him out at Round rock while I can so you will get to enjoy his career as much as I hope to.

Cotton

Staff member
It's almost Gallo time..... in AAA for now. He has added a toe tap to help keep the bat back. I know he will always be susceptible to the strikeout but if Spring Training is any indication then he seems to be on the right track. I know it's Spring Training but it's all I have to go on for now. Will be making a few trips to check him out at Round rock while I can so you will get to enjoy his career as much as I hope to.
I appreciate this post.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Have had Gallo stashed in my dynasty league, hoping he puts it together this season

Rev

Staff member
Laugh it up chuckles. I said last year that they shouldn't have called him up because he wasn't ready. Sure enough it showed but may have helped him with adjustments earlier than it would have otherwise.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Laugh it up chuckles. I said last year that they shouldn't have called him up because he wasn't ready. Sure enough it showed but may have helped him with adjustments earlier than it would have otherwise.
I'm not laughing. Miguel Sano is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Reminds me of Mike Olt...he was supposed to be the next big thing, but just stopped developing.

Rev

Staff member
I didn't get near the same vibe with Olt, though. He was a good talent but was I didn't lose any sleep over trading him. I was upset at who we traded for but not about losing him. Gallo is a better talent but I wouldn't say he has stopped developing. Yet.

Rev

Staff member
ESPN's Joe Peta: 78-86, fifth in AL West. The Rangers' summary is pretty simple: I see a 2015 team that dressed in 88-win clothing but actually displayed 77-win talent. The rotation might be marginally better this year, but overall, there should be little reason to expect meaningfully different year-over-year results from any of the four units. All four -- rotation, bullpen, defense and offense -- profile to be close to league-average this year. I have the Rangers winning 78 games, and combined with the view that a couple other teams in the AL West are better than oddsmakers expect, that makes Texas a pretty easy "under" call.

This guy has lost his damn mind (what little mind he evidently has). First let me say I dont have a problem with the win total prediction. If that is what he believes then that is fine. I do have a problem with his reasons, though. A rotation with almost a full year of Darvish, full years of Hamels, Holland, and Perez is "marginally better" better than one that had the likes of Nick Martinez, Ross Detwiler, Anthony Ranaudo, a too young Chi Chi Rodriquez, Gallardo as the staff ace, and Ol Suck Ass??? A "league average" bullpen and yet its been written as one of the top ones by several other pundits?? I can only think that the guy did no research at all and how he gets paid for this crap from ESPN baffles me. At least predict that they are going to be hit by the injury bug. That would make more sense.

dallen

Senior Tech
Pitching should be much better this year. I'm not sure where he gets that from.

Cotton

Staff member
Our bullpen will be league average?

:lol

Okay.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Rev

Staff member
How 10 MLBers primed for breakout influence World Series pick
By Joel Sherman

I picked the Rangers to win the World Series in the preview section of this newspaper.

1. Rougned Odor, Rangers

Let’s start with that the Mets had a sense about this guy. Odor did not begin his pro career until 2011, yet in July of that season, the Mets were asking for him as part of a deal for Carlos Beltran.

Texas sent down Odor in early May last season with a .486 OPS. From his promotion on June 15 to the end of the year, Odor had an .861 OPS. The growth continued this spring. Scouts see stardom because at age 22 Odor is blessed with tools while also playing with energy and edge. A top 10 MVP showing is not unreasonable.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/02/how-10-...d-series-pick/

Cotton

Staff member

Weird way to start the season.

Cotton

Staff member
How 10 MLBers primed for breakout influence World Series pick
By Joel Sherman

I picked the Rangers to win the World Series in the preview section of this newspaper.

1. Rougned Odor, Rangers

Let’s start with that the Mets had a sense about this guy. Odor did not begin his pro career until 2011, yet in July of that season, the Mets were asking for him as part of a deal for Carlos Beltran.

Texas sent down Odor in early May last season with a .486 OPS. From his promotion on June 15 to the end of the year, Odor had an .861 OPS. The growth continued this spring. Scouts see stardom because at age 22 Odor is blessed with tools while also playing with energy and edge. A top 10 MVP showing is not unreasonable.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/02/how-10-...d-series-pick/
Yeah, I have a lot of hope for him in the coming years. It was like being sent down last year really woke him up. He finished the season on fire, and he went through spring training just as hot.

Top Bottom