Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nobody expected you to. But to say there is no comparison is laughable.

Answer me this. How many games do you think Garrett would be winning with guys like Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Darrin Chiaverini, Joey Galloway, Wayne McGarity, Kenyon Rambo, Randal Williams, Troy Hambrick, Jackie Harris, Mick Lucky, etc... You think they could have made his offense go?

Do you think Campo might have had a better chance with guys like Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Terrell Owens, Laurent Robinson, Demarco Murray, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Jason Witten, etc..?

No, I'll bet you don't.
God, reading that list made me physically ill.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Campo was actually worse than 5-11. He got good defensive performances out of Zimmer to get us that far.

That "you are what your record says you are" thing is your favorite line but it's only true so far.

Yeah, if you are 8-8, you aren't getting the job done. No excuses.

But if you are taking that to mean every coach who goes 8-8 is of equal ability, and you are making hires based off that assumption, you are gonna make a lot of really fucking bad decisions, because it's not the case that they are all equal.
Anyone can go 8-8 or even 1-15 once, but when you live there year in and year out, the evidence stacks up that you don't have many 11-5 or 12-4 seasons in your future.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nobody expected you to. But to say there is no comparison is laughable.

Answer me this. How many games do you think Garrett would be winning with guys like Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Darrin Chiaverini, Joey Galloway, Wayne McGarity, Kenyon Rambo, Randal Williams, Troy Hambrick, Jackie Harris, Mick Lucky, etc... You think they could have made his offense go?

Do you think Campo might have had a better chance with guys like Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Terrell Owens, Laurent Robinson, Demarco Murray, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Jason Witten, etc..?

No, I'll bet you don't.
There's no way that most coaches in the league win with the garbage Campo had.

But Campo was still a fucking clown who didn't demand any respect and whose house was never in order in the slightest. He had no idea what was going on and was completely over his head.

Garrett is far better than that.

Cotton

Staff member
From JJT:

According to ESPN's stats&Info no team has lost by 17 when it had zero turnovers, QB threw 3 TD passes & RB gained 140+ yards since NFL merger

Cotton

Staff member

But Campo was still a fucking clown who didn't demand any respect and whose house was never in order in the slightest. He had no idea what was going on and was completely over his head.

You are definitely due your opinion, but there is no way to definitively say that. Garrett very well could have been 5-11 with the crap that Campo had to coach. So, saying he is far better than Campo is a reach to fit into an agenda.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Right now we have a coach that's three games better than Campo. What we need is one that's 3 games better than Garrett.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Garrett has respect and Campo was a clown. Big F'n deal. They're both coaches that didn't win shit. And one of them had a pretty clear advantage in the talent department. Noticed you skipped right on by that little tid bit.

Cotton

Staff member

Jerry, your senility is showing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You are definitely due your opinion, but there is no way to definitively say that. Garrett very well could have been 5-11 with the crap that Campo had to coach. So, saying he is far better than Campo is a reach to fit into an agenda.
There's no way to definitively say it, but you'll say definitively that Garrett is among the worst coaches in the league when there's no definitive way to say that either.

Pot meet kettle.

What a ridiculous conversation.

I'm not sure there is a coach I can think of in the last decade, in the entire league, that I might want less than Campo. Even Wade.

But Garrett's right there with him and stuff. :lol

Ok, we're done here.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Garrett has respect and Campo was a clown. Big F'n deal. They're both coaches that didn't win shit. And one of them had a pretty clear advantage in the talent department. Noticed you skipped right on by that little tid bit.
I didn't skip by it, I said most coaches couldn't win with what Campo had, Garrett included.

That doesn't mean that Garrett is on Campo's level.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm not. Campo was Rich Kotite bad.

There is no comparison.

The guy was a laughingstock. Garrett is not, as will be demonstrated with his continued employment once he is fired from here.
He won't be a HC for a while...he needs to put in some time as an OC.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
MRI results: Lee is dead

Cotton

Staff member
There's no way to definitively say it, but you'll say definitively that Garrett is among the worst coaches in the league when there's no definitive way to say that either.

Pot meet kettle.

What a ridiculous conversation.

I'm not sure there is a coach I can think of in the last decade, in the entire league, that I might want less than Campo. Even Wade.

But Garrett's right there with him and stuff. :lol

Ok, we're done here.
You are the one saying Garrett is FAR better. I don't see anyone saying they are equal. Just people saying that you can't say that Garrett is SO much better.

Cotton

Staff member
He won't be a HC for a while...he needs to put in some time as an OC.
I would actually be surprised if Garrett got another HC job right out of Dallas.

superpunk

Banned
I can't wear Cowboys gear out if we play in primetime because there's something like an 83% chance that we're going to get mercilessly embarassed.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm trying to think of anything Garrett does well or even adequately
I like the way he stares off into the distance. It makes you think that he's coming up with a really clever idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom