Wildcard Weekend Chatter Thread - 1/7/17 - 1/8/17

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The football gods hate us so much that they gave us a rookie fourth round QB that led us to a 13-3 record. :lol I think most people would look at that and think the football gods love us. Especially since we tried for two other QBs in the draft earlier who looked nothing close to ready this year and weren't able to get either.
We've been so serendipitous this year that I'm starting to think Jerry figured out a way to make another deal with Satan.

GShock

DCC 4Life
These kind of predictions are kind of worthless. Have to call plays according to the situations that present in the game. If GB sells out to stop the run (which they will), we need to be able to sling it. I'm not impressed with GB's secondary so likely we will need to take advantage of that.

I think we are a tough matchup for Green Bay. We will see...
Yeah screw that. We have over invested in this line and running back. Instead of taking what the defense gives us, we need to dictate.

They go all empty shotgun fling it all over the field Romo style, and that is the path to a loss.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Patriots are 16 point favorites over the Texans. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We've been so serendipitous this year that I'm starting to think Jerry figured out a way to make another deal with Satan.
They are just tricking you into thinking it was luck.

It's a letdown in disguise.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Patriots are 16 point favorites over the Texans. :lol
They are underestimating the Patriots.
The same Texans fans who just 2 weeks ago said they were tired of Osweiler and for cursing the organization for bombing on Brock Osweiler are now saying they're being disrespected and have a great chance to win at New England with the same Osweiler who gave them "no chance".

Retards.

The football gods hate us so much that they gave us a rookie fourth round QB that led us to a 13-3 record. :lol I think most people would look at that and think the football gods love us. Especially since we tried for two other QBs in the draft earlier who looked nothing close to ready this year and weren't able to get either.
..not to mention a ROOKIE stud RB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's like some of you can't go more than about 3 days without being bitches about this team.

The Packers defense is shit, we're going to be able to run on them and control the clock. Stopping Rodgers will obviously be tough but they're one dimensional and can't run the ball, if the Giants didn't have such a shit offense they could've easily been up by 10-17 about halfway through the second quarter.

The Giants have a great trio of CB's and an elite safety in Collins, but their second safety and CB depth is shit, and eventually they got worn down and Rodgers was able to make some plays over the middle with DRC (their slot CB) out and take advantage of their LB's over the middle. Their offense couldn't hold on to the ball for more than about 5 plays at a time so eventually their defense got worn down on the road.

What I can't get out of my mind is the divisional game against Atlanta the year the Packers won it all in 2010. Atlanta was the number one seed that year, their first game was Green Bay and Rodgers was absolutely perfect in the dome in a blowout win. That Atlanta team couldn't run the ball though and I'm fairly certain Ryan had some dumbass turnovers, so that obviously contributed to it, but that type of performance is my main concern.

Either way, even if they lay an egg against an obviously tough opponent, this is just the beginning and not the end. This isn't 36 year old broke back Romo we're talking about, we have a 12+ year window with a franchise QB with plenty of talent around him.

That's the big picture.

townsend

Banned
So I have arrangements to clear out the house next weekend, because as a normally soft spoken person, I'm going to traumatize the woman and the dogs screaming at the game.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We should be able to put up some points against GB but stopping Rodgers is another thing. This will be a tough one to win. Playoff experience, especially with a great QB is huge. It'll be interesting to see how Dak and the team responds to the increased intensity and pressure.

On one hand this season has been so unexpected it's like anything else we do is icing on the cake. But on the flip side I'd hate to have this golden opportunity and go one and done again. But as young as we are at key positions and with this defense I think it'd be tough to run the table even if we do beat GB. At this point I'm not nervous about the playoffs just want to enjoy the ride.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm looking forward to this game. Slightly nervous but looking forward to it.

We should be coming in healthy and I just realized that we didn't have Dez in our first matchup. Here's hoping he plays lights out and gets some revenge.

The only thing that will be irritating about this game is Joe Buck slurping on Rodgers cock the entire game.

Top Bottom