Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hoyer would be a solid backup imo.
He would be no different than Weeden or Cassel. Especially in the collection of retards we have running our offense.

I would rather Jones and Co. face the cold stark reality of the backup situation in the NFL than deal with that shit again.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He would be no different than Weeden or Cassel. Especially in the collection of retards we have running our offense.

I would rather Jones and Co. face the cold stark reality of the backup situation in the NFL than deal with that shit again.
Except I think those guys were fine for backups and the real problem was the coaching behind them.

That wouldn't get fixed with Hoyer but that's a separate issue.

I actually agree with you, I'd rather ride Kellen Moore and get another high pick if the worst case happens.

Although truthfully I would by far rather draft and develop someone this year worth developing.

I'm not sure what my point is. :unsure

But I think Hoyer is actually a solid backup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But I think Hoyer is actually a solid backup.
I've always thought Hoyer just looked like dog shit on the field. Even with a decent QB rating last year I thought he looked terrible for the Texans. And honestly the Texans agreed which is why they didn't deem him worth keeping around or starting. To me Hoyer is the type of QB who will get a job as a backup somewhere but who doesn't have any of the skills I value as a pure backup.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I actually agree with Gengh. I think Hoyer would be fine as a spot starter for a game or two.

The problem is teams have been insistent on making him a starter and he's in over his head as a full time starter.

If you could guarantee me that we'd have a healthy Romo for at least 14 games I'd be fine with Hoyer.

I'm sorry but it should be Goff or Wentz now. Trade up to 2 if you have to take the one that the Rams don't take. Even if we somehow got a top 5 pick again next year I don't think there is any QBs better than these two in the whole draft in 2017. We need one now!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The trade up ship has sailed. The Eagles have that pick on lockdown already as long as the QB they want is there, and he will be.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think both Qb's are getting overvalued at this point.

I have no idea what Philly is doing, they have all that money currently tied up in QB's and are willing to mortgage the future for another?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is QB a sure thing for Philly? Could it be for Tunsil? Saw a tweet suggesting it but not sure if that was from a fan or someone in the know.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not too long ago it was Goff or Lynch for the top QB, now it's Goff/Wentz or bust, I think Dallas is in a situation where Lynch is still an option.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think both Qb's are getting overvalued at this point.

I have no idea what Philly is doing, they have all that money currently tied up in QB's and are willing to mortgage the future for another?
I don't think Philly is all that wild about drafting a top prospect QB this year either. As Judge Judy says if it doesn't make sense it isn't true. What better source can one have.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is QB a sure thing for Philly? Could it be for Tunsil? Saw a tweet suggesting it but not sure if that was from a fan or someone in the know.
If they gave up that much for anything other than a QB, they are stupid.

Cotton

Staff member
Not too long ago it was Goff or Lynch for the top QB, now it's Goff/Wentz or bust, I think Dallas is in a situation where Lynch is still an option.
Agreed.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Top Bottom