Archer: Travis Frederick readies for shotgun snaps

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Travis Frederick readies for shotgun snaps
May, 13, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – For much of Tony Romo’s time as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback, the shotgun snap has seemed to be an issue.

Sometimes they have been high, low, early or late, regardless of who the center has been, and Romo has been able to make some memorable plays despite the snap. Romo’s first-down run against St. Louis in 2007 might be one of his signature plays.

Despite the snaps, the Cowboys rely heavily on the shotgun snap.

Wisconsin was not a heavy shotgun team.

“We did it a little bit,” first-round pick Travis Frederick said. “Not a whole lot, but enough that I have experience in shotgun snaps.”

In the second practice of Friday’s minicamp, one of Frederick’s shotgun snaps was low, but he did not appear to make another errant snap in the practices open to the media. When Frederick gets going in the organized team activities, minicamp and training camp, the shotgun snap is something he will have to work on.

“I think because it’s featured a little more in this offense we’re going to practice it more, so I don’t think it’s something to worry about," Frederick said. "I think I’ll handle that fine.”

Top Bottom