2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It is troubling that while you're starting a rookie QB you're not moving around his most dangerous weapon in an effort to give your team the best chance to succeed.

I hate watching the Falcons, but it's sadly sometimes the only games I can pick up. Linehan and Garrett need to watch how they have been using Julio Jones the last couple years, would benefit Dez greatly.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It looks like a stinger issue that keeps popping up. They are probably going to put him in a neck roll this week.
Put him in a fucking hyperbaric chamber. We're not ready for teh Chaz.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Garrett should be forced to watch this highlight video. He would learn something about how to get the ball to his playmaker.

I've been thinking the exact same thing as of late. We have speed guys to stretch the field, use Dez like we use to Irvin and get him involved and early.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is troubling that while you're starting a rookie QB you're not moving around his most dangerous weapon in an effort to give your team the best chance to succeed.

I hate watching the Falcons, but it's sadly sometimes the only games I can pick up. Linehan and Garrett need to watch how they have been using Julio Jones the last couple years, would benefit Dez greatly.
Watch any team with a great receiver, for that matter.

Did you see the Steelers last night? Antonio Brown was everywhere. Right side of the field, left side of the field, in the slot, in the backfield....the guy was moved all over the place and it wasn't just for show. They got him the ball in every area of the field.

The Giants do the same the with Beckham.

However, this idea of creating plays and coming up with ways to get the ball into the hands of your most dynamic players is lost on our pitiful coaching staff.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Watch any team with a great receiver, for that matter.

Did you see the Steelers last night? Antonio Brown was everywhere. Right side of the field, left side of the field, in the slot, in the backfield....the guy was moved all over the place and it wasn't just for show. They got him the ball in every area of the field.

The Giants do the same the with Beckham.

However, this idea of creating plays and coming up with ways to get the ball into the hands of your most dynamic players is lost on our pitiful coaching staff.

He's got a plan, asshole!

No use showing your hand until the playoffs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The worst part in my opinion is the lack slants and shallow crossing routes. When the Giants blitz that stuff should be wide open. It also happens to be Dez's best routes because he is so big and physical and basically impossible to tackle. I have no problem with the deep balls we threw Dez. Usually he comes down with those. For whatever reason he was off on Sunday. But why we didn't get him some easy throws to get him in a groove is beyond me.
And there was a lot of talk in the offseason about how we were gonna do different things.

Setting aside the "Garrett can't coach" talk -- they obviously realized it was a problem. What happened?

Cotton

Staff member
Almost half of his total routes are straight go routes. That's not acceptable, and extremely predictable.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Of course there are also rumblings that Dez is too dumb for more complicated precision routes.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Of course there are also rumblings that Dez is too dumb for more complicated precision routes.
I don't know if Dez is a dummy or not, but at the same time, I have a hard time believing that if they tell Dez "run a slant here" instead of a streak down the sideline, that he's going to run deep out instead.

It's not rocket science.

If they tell him to run a slant, a cross, a hitch, etc., the guy knows what that is and he'll do it. The problem is that they line him up outside 95% of the time, and most of the stuff he runs is straight down the field.

That is on the staff, not Dez.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I believe he has problems with routes. He looks like heis just ad libbing and trying to get open.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

:lol
Perfect analogy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why are you the only one seeing this?
He's not.

It has been said by members of the DFW media in the past that Dez had moments where he wasn't the most disciplined route runner.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's not.

It has been said by members of the DFW media in the past that Dez had moments where he wasn't the most disciplined route runner.
In the past, nothing has been mentioned in the last couple of years.

And that's still a far cry from adlibbing.

If that was an issue you know somebody would be running with that story.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good luck, Devin. You're still the same shitty receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom