Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I did? 300+ ypg? Like he's always done?

You don't realize that without Dez we would very likely be spreading the ball around more, and all of our tendencies would be out the window?

Which do you fear more: No Dez? Or no Tony?
I realize that you are an idiot for even insinuating our offense would be the same without Dez.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
So now the story is that Romo can just roll out of bed and throw for 300 yards, regardless of who is lining up at WR? Last year at this time, he was saying Romo was a washed up bum who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Now he's talking about fearing if there is no Romo, but last year was saying he should be cut...
Can't debate the exact points, so we make up some false ones. My point on Romo was that if his back was truly as debilitating as it appeared to be early on, and if it was true he knew about it before signing the big contract, then yeah, cut ties. BUT then we later found out Dallas didn't even do their due diligence, and didn't even make him take a physical!

Hey, did you guys know that all we have to do is sweep the division and we win the division? 6-10 division winners. Hell, he even said that depending on which games the other teams win, we could win the division with a 4-12 record. Just a little FYI about the mental midget we're dealing with here.
Excuse me for having a big brain fart. At least unlike most posters we see on these fora, I mea culpa'd instead of just disappearing for a few days then returning acting like it didn't happen. Or better yet, editing my posts to get rid of the gaffe.

I was right about Dallas not drafting a RB. And still believe it is because they don't intend on running the ball nearly as much. The howls still echo over that one.

Cotton

Staff member
I think we all hope we never have to find that out.
Meh, receivers will still catch the ball and Romo will still go for 300 every game.

And stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
So now the story is that Romo can just roll out of bed and throw for 300 yards, regardless of who is lining up at WR? Last year at this time, he was saying Romo was a washed up bum who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Now he's talking about fearing if there is no Romo, but last year was saying he should be cut...

Hey, did you guys know that all we have to do is sweep the division and we win the division? 6-10 division winners. Hell, he even said that depending on which games the other teams win, we could win the division with a 4-12 record. Just a little FYI about the mental midget we're dealing with here.
I had forgotten about his Romo hate last year. Makes his Dez argument even more idiotic.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Can't debate the exact points, so we make up some false ones.
I didn't make up anything. You spewed that drool all over the retard room last offseason. There are plenty of guys here that saw it, and had some good laughs over it.

Oh, and that was no brain fart. You argued that shit for quite some time until multiple posters proved over and over again how wrong you were. Then and only then did you try to claim "brain fart".

Cotton

Staff member
Except, I didn't.
"Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?"

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't make up anything. You spewed that drool all over the retard room last offseason. There are plenty of guys here that saw it, and had some good laughs over it.
Yeah, the whole sweeping the division thing was the best of all of them. Was cause for great entertainment.

Oh, and did you know that Dez can sign a long term contract after the deadline on Wednesday.... even though he can't?

peplaw06

Brand New Member
I don't question he's a great player and deserves a long term deal, but if he's waiting for Megatron money, that is a little crazy.
Sturm was saying today Megatron money is $16 mil AAV... the franchise tag is betwen $13-14 mil. Megatron money doesn't seem crazy. Maybe a little high... but I wouldn't hate a deal at $15-16 mil AAV. I just want him signed at this point.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
"Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?"
I sure don't. Not sure why anyone would.
Oh, and that was no brain fart.
Actually it was. I had my mind totally elsewhere. And if you recall correctly, I mea culpa'd immediately when I realized it, my 4th post of the thread. Like we hardly ever see on these fora. The thread then turned into a childish bitch session about smilies.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Recall, Tony averaged 280+ yards with Miles Austin as his lead WR in 2009. All he needs is some semblance of a running game to keep the pressure off and it's proven he can make stars out of the least likely candidates.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Plus I do expect Tony's back to be much better to start this season than what it was the year before. Hopefully he'll have some returned mobility as well. This attack isn't based on one guy, other than Tony.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Demaryius Thomas - WR - Broncos

Mike Klis of 9News.com in Denver reports the Broncos have recently offered unsigned franchise player Demaryius Thomas a long-term contract that would make him the league's second-highest paid receiver.

Per Klis, who has covered the Broncos for a long time, the two sides have exchanged contract offers with less than 48 hours until Wednesday's deadline. Thomas is said to be seeking Calvin Johnson money and beyond at $16 million-plus annually with around $50 million guaranteed. The Broncos' offer, however, would put Thomas ahead of Mike Wallace's $12 million per-year rate and behind Megatron. Thomas may have to decide if he wants the security or play hardball for the money he feels he deserves and take another shot at it next offseason after playing on the tag.

townsend

Banned

Mike Klis of 9News.com in Denver reports the Broncos have recently offered unsigned franchise player Demaryius Thomas a long-term contract that would make him the league's second-highest paid receiver.

Per Klis, who has covered the Broncos for a long time, the two sides have exchanged contract offers with less than 48 hours until Wednesday's deadline. Thomas is said to be seeking Calvin Johnson money and beyond at $16 million-plus annually with around $50 million guaranteed. The Broncos' offer, however, would put Thomas ahead of Mike Wallace's $12 million per-year rate and behind Megatron. Thomas may have to decide if he wants the security or play hardball for the money he feels he deserves and take another shot at it next offseason after playing on the tag.
Sounds fair. Cowboys should do the same.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I did? 300+ ypg? Like he's always done?

You don't realize that without Dez we would very likely be spreading the ball around more, and all of our tendencies would be out the window?

Which do you fear more: No Dez? Or no Tony?
Tony can get plenty of yards, but you can't pretend his TDs will stay the same. No way he gets 30+ without Dez. He hasn't "ALWAYS" gotten 30+ TDs. If our offense drops ~75 points from last season's total, we're going to lose a lot more games.

Cotton

Staff member
Recall, Tony averaged 280+ yards with Miles Austin as his lead WR in 2009. All he needs is some semblance of a running game to keep the pressure off and it's proven he can make stars out of the least likely candidates.
And we lost half our games that year. In context of he discussion, Tony and the team will not have near the success it enjoyed last year without Dez.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member

Why do we never see the up front signing money mentioned?

Top Bottom