Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
This banter is great. Anxiously anticipating the dissent after a Matt Flynn all pro performance.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No it really is. Good coaches don't consistently miss the playoffs when they have top flight QBs. They just don't.
They do if the rest of their team is horrible.

Without arguing if that is the case here or not, a good QB and a good coach by themselves isn't enough. It's the two biggest pieces but you've gotta be decent everywhere else too.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
QB now is a billion light years better which is a grand canyon sized difference.

If you can't so much as even make the playoffs, not even once, when you have a good QB, you are just not a good coach.

It's really just that simple.
Like I said, if we had kept an offensive head coach he might not have signed on with drafting Carter and convinced Jerry to go elsewhere. Campo's cluelessness and weakness and lack of voice in the organization was a large part of why we signed on to drafting a guy everyone but Jerry knew was a train wreck.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This banter is great. Anxiously anticipating the dissent after a Matt Flynn all pro performance.
Followed by a Cousin beatdown

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They do if the rest of their team is horrible.

Without arguing if that is the case here or not, a good QB and a good coach by themselves isn't enough. It's the two biggest pieces but you've gotta be decent everywhere else too.
I'm talking about year after year after year. No team is completely devoid if talent. If you have a good coach and QB you are generally going to have enough talent around the QB to be a playoff participant at some point. The talent among each team is just too close otherwise. Case in point: Green Bay. Case in point: Indianapolis when Manning went down. Case in point: Indianapolis when Luck got there. Case in point: new Orleans with and without Payton. Meanwhile I can't think of a single instance where a team had a good HC, a good QB, and consistently failed to make the playoffs. Including the current situation in Dallas.

Genghis Khan

Brandon Marshall > Genghis Khan

I've found that most of the time athletes might be good at playing a game but they aren't that bright or astute and their understanding of what is going on around them is limited and frequently illogical.

I'm sure you always agree with everything athletes say though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've found that most of the time athletes might be good at playing a game but they aren't that bright or astute and their understanding of what is going on around them is limited and frequently illogical.

I'm sure you always agree with everything athletes say though.
No, but in this case, he had a first hand view of their pre-game demeanor, which substantiates what myself and others observed from their in-game demeanor and effort.

I'm not sure what the basis is for your position other than obstinacy. It's not like there isn't a track record of mentally weak teams quitting in the cold or anything.

Genghis Khan

No, but in this case, he had a first hand view of their pre-game demeanor, which substantiates what myself and others observed from their in-game demeanor and effort.

I'm not sure what the basis is for your position other than obstinacy. It's not like there isn't a track record of mentally weak teams quitting in the cold or anything.
I look at this game like the Lions game. We were just simply overmatched in the passing game. No doubt they were bitches about the cold but I doubt it would have mattered.

Genghis Khan

Like I said, if we had kept an offensive head coach he might not have signed on with drafting Carter and convinced Jerry to go elsewhere. Campo's cluelessness and weakness and lack of voice in the organization was a large part of why we signed on to drafting a guy everyone but Jerry knew was a train wreck.
Way to miss my point entirely.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

I don't think so. Not saying we are some awesome defense if only the weather was better, but you could see it. They just weren't into it, on defense. That's a mental thing.

Seems pretty likely that the cold had something to do with that.

Kind of an indictment of your dream girl Garrett that his team quits in the cold, considering his talk about playing with adversity.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Way to miss my point entirely.
You try to make it seem like the coach and the roster are totally separate. Even on NFL teams with GMs, they aren't. A coach with 3 years in has every chance to improve the roster in key areas. Garrett is useless but Campo was worst of all time bad. He could take this team to 5-11. I have no doubt of it whatsoever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kind of an indictment of your dream girl Garrett that his team quits in the cold, considering his talk about playing with adversity.
Similar to them quitting in New Orleans. What he has going for him is that they seem to bounce back. We'll see.

That being said a lot of teams flake out in the cold, the 90s Cowboys included.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Similar to them quitting in New Orleans. What he has going for him is that they seem to bounce back. We'll see.

That being said a lot of teams flake out in the cold, the 90s Cowboys included.
See guys at least they don't quit two games in row!! That's something...isn't it?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gotta shut this baby down...it is going the way the Eagles chatter thread went...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom