Stephen Jones says Cowboys could add veteran & young QBs

Jiggyfly

Banned
Since Booze only posts article at one place now.:unsure
:tippytoe

Next in line

The Cowboys thought Kellen Moore did some good things in the final 2 1/2 games of the regular season. But don't get carried away. The question remains:

Will this team look for Romo's successor in the draft, or will it pinpoint a veteran quarterback in free agency who can step in next season if No. 9 goes down again?

"Both," Jones said. "I think we do want to have a veteran quarterback we feel good about. And it's not going to be any secret if there is a good, young quarterback -- and who is to say what round that will come in -- we need to start looking for a young guy as well.

"After what we went through this year, I think both is the right answer there."
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/01/07/moore-stephen-jones-says-cowboys-add-veteran-young-qbs-addresses-issues

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well Manziel and RG3 fit both criteria. You can't fool me, Stephen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Tells us Matt Cassel's time in Dallas is over, not surprising.

I guess RG3 would be a physical improvement over Cassel, but mentally he's a hot mess

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well Manziel and RG3 fit both criteria. You can't fool me, Stephen.
Yep, and that's what scares me. Even if we do draft a guy, our "vet" can't be RGIII or Manziel. Might as well go with the rookie at 2nd string at that point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Tells us Matt Cassel's time in Dallas is over, not surprising.

I guess RG3 would be a physical improvement over Cassel, but mentally he's a hot mess
That also scares me. Not that we couldn't upgrade Cassel, but the notion that bringing in another vet QB means our front office thinks our whole problem was who the backup was.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our last failed backup QB was a bust 1st rounder who washed out of the organization that drafted them, how in the world could the front office come to the logical conclusion that the solution is to sign another guy coming from the exact same situation?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Manziel wasn't Johnny Football and a former 1st rounder he wouldn't even be under consideration. If you just based it on his performance and his off field issues, no one in their right mind would think he was the answer, even as a backup. Jerry's just basing in on the hype and wow plays he had at A&M and probably marketing effect. Same with RGIII.

townsend

Banned
If Manziel wasn't Johnny Football and a former 1st rounder he wouldn't even be under consideration. If you just based it on his performance and his off field issues, no one in their right mind would think he was the answer, even as a backup. Jerry's just basing in on the hype and wow plays he had at A&M and probably marketing effect. Same with RGIII.
To be fair, that's why we signed McFadden too.

Top Bottom