How Johnny Manziel failed his last great audition

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The guy is a trainwreck and not worth salvaging considering his on-field deficiencies, to say nothing of the insane media attention that would follow him in Dallas.

The Cowboys are already enough of a lightning rod and the last thing we need in Romo's little remaining time is some dipshit like Manziel running around adding fuel to every possible fire that breaks out around this team. At least Griffin is just a seemingly arrogant guy with poor fundamentals on the field who isn't liable to show up on TMZ in Vegas doing blow the the night before a playoff game.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Manziel was directed to undergo alcohol counseling at Texas A&M...so it was an issue in college too.

The rehab he went to was a addiction treatment center...so it is pretty easy to see why he was there.
I don't think it's that easy to see because you can be addicted to a lot of different things and these type of facilties offer many services.

Nobody even knows what facility he went to.

I have no idea if he is a alcoholic but with the amount of times he has been seen drinking and not trying to hide it I have my doubts.

Just my opinion.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's that easy to see because you can be addicted to a lot of different things and these type of facilties offer many services.

Nobody even knows what facility he went to.

I have no idea if he is a alcoholic but with the amount of times he has been seen drinking and not trying to hide it I have my doubts.

Just my opinion.
He entered an addiction center...so he clearly has an issue with alcohol or drugs.

You also mentioned he was not an alcoholic at Texas A&M, but he was directed to go to alcohol counseling while there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He entered an addiction center...so he clearly has an issue with alcohol or drugs.

You also mentioned he was not an alcoholic at Texas A&M, but he was directed to go to alcohol counseling while there.
Yea I think this argument that he isn't an alcoholic is comical.

Ok, so he isn't an alcoholic, then what did we go to a rehab center for?

Do they have rehab centers for stripper addiction these days?

It's either alcohol or drugs, alcohol being the lesser of two evils, especially for a guy who has been photographed rolling up a bill in a Vegas bathroom, but I'm sure that was just so he could clean out his ear or something.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What are you on about?

No report has ever said he definitley went to this facility for alcohol so it seems you have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

And I have said multiple times Manziel has some real issues, so why are you pushing this agenda of me just going against the grain?

Crock has said more than me about not knowing exactly what his issues are why no comment about him?

At least get your facts right when weighing in on a topic.

And this from a guy who is constantly complaining about me putting words in people mouths.

This idea that you are pushing of me just taking a position because it's different than everyone is ignorant and holds no merit, especially in this instance when I have not been the loudest about this position.

Manziel could very well be a alcoholic my only point is that people are assuming a lot on media speculation, it is a fact that nobody has stated as fact what he was in that facility for.
Sure. Right.

Take a look around, Al. I am FAR from the only one that has noticed this about you. The college football thread has been a fun read...

Oh, and I noticed how you skipped right by the part where you told us just what the Browns would do after telling us how nobody knows anything about a topic that has been in the media for well over a year. Par for the course.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yep. It's clear as day there's an issue.

It's a little bit retarded to argue otherwise, or argue semantics of whether it's alcohol or something else, or argue whether anybody really "knows" definitively. There's an issue. And he hasn't been nearly good enough on the field to make it worth dealing with from another team's perspective.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yea I think this argument that he isn't an alcoholic is comical.

Ok, so he isn't an alcoholic, then what did we go to a rehab center for?

Do they have rehab centers for stripper addiction these days?

It's either alcohol or drugs, alcohol being the lesser of two evils, especially for a guy who has been photographed rolling up a bill in a Vegas bathroom, but I'm sure that was just so he could clean out his ear or something.

:lol Exactly.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will still get a chubby if JFF ends up in Dallas though.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Kerry Collins managed to have a career after drinking his way out of Carolina.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, 1 or 2 average seasons as a starter in New York is nothing to write home about though, and that type of production certainly wouldn't be enough to warrant taking on the media shitstorm that Manziel in Dallas would create.

Jiggyfly

Banned

He was ordered to go to alcohol counseling because he was caught drinking underage it was a condition of his probation.

The same thing happens to all students who get caught drinking while underage.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is certainly possible. If you are ok with bringing the circus to town, taking a huge risk and possibly dividing the locker room for an average potential back up go for it.

Not only that but if we swing and miss here which is very likely then we need to realize that JFF might be Jerrys way out of drafting a QB. Then we can go 8-8 next year putting outselves out of contention for a top QB there.

Gig'em

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Important announcement:

JFF has some sort of problem that has lead to bad decisions in his life. That phase of his life isn't over yet. This problem may or may not be alcoholism but he's been in trouble with alcohol on many occasions. He has been in a treatment facility for addiction for 73. In there he was told that he needs to obstain from ALL drugs, including alcohol. He did not do that. It cost him more in the way of reputation, respect and playing time.

Keep in mind though that his problem could be that he's addicted to chocolate cake nobody really knows if it is alcohol, y'all. It could be anything.

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sure. Right.

Take a look around, Al. I am FAR from the only one that has noticed this about you. The college football thread has been a fun read...

Oh, and I noticed how you skipped right by the part where you told us just what the Browns would do after telling us how nobody knows anything about a topic that has been in the media for well over a year. Par for the course.
You are the one who continually brings this up nobody in the college football thread said I was just injecting something in the thread to go against the grain, stop making shit up.

It's sad that you have to pick apart a post to try and pin something on me, while ignoring that even the media says they are speculating about the alcohol issue.

It's funny that you ignore 95% of my post to try and make a point about me, why make it so personal it's not like I went out of my way to "out you" on another board or anything.

I never bring you up, but for some reason you need to reply about something I said and give some juvenile nickname, what is your issue?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Personally, if I wanted an accomplished college QB with fans in the state of Texas as my backup, I'd sign Colt McCoy over RG3 or Manziel.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And still dancing around trying to deflect...

~yawn~

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was ordered to go to alcohol counseling because he was caught drinking underage it was a condition of his probation.

The same thing happens to all students who get caught drinking while underage.
Actually, Sumlin ordered him to go to counseling after he was arrested for getting in a drunken brawl. He was too drunk to answer questions, so he had to stay overnight in jail.

All this stuff is on the internet, you should check it out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are the one who continually brings this up nobody in the college football thread said I was just injecting something in the thread to go against the grain, stop making shit up.

It's sad that you have to pick apart a post to try and pin something on me, while ignoring that even the media says they are speculating about the alcohol issue.

It's funny that you ignore 95% of my post to try and make a point about me, why make it so personal it's not like I went out of my way to "out you" on another board or anything.

I never bring you up, but for some reason you need to reply about something I said and give some juvenile nickname, what is your issue?
Who cares if it's alcohol or drugs? What's the difference?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Actually, Sumlin ordered him to go to counseling after he was arrested for getting in a drunken brawl. He was too drunk to answer questions, so he had to stay overnight in jail.
That's the same incident I was talking about and it was part of his probation.

Anyway I have stated my opinion on the alcohol part, I think his issues run deeper than that.

I am not trying to absolve Manziel of any blame and I am not advocating his being brought in just think people are running with this alcoholic thing without all of the facts.

And hey I could be totally wrong.:shrug

Top Bottom