Eatman: Cowboys Acquire CB From Patriots By Trading Ben Bass

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys Acquire CB From Patriots By Trading Ben Bass

Posted 5 minutes ago

Nick Eatman

DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys have already made a move to bolster the cornerback position after learning of Orlando Scandrick’s four-game suspension.

The team has traded for cornerback Justin Green in a move with the Patriots, who received defensive tackle Ben Bass in return.

Green (5-10, 200) spent last year with the Patriots both on the practice squad twice with a two-game stint on the active roster. Green joined New England as a rookie free agent in 2013 out of Illinois.

Green will join a cornerback position including Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Sterling Moore, B.W. Webb and Terrance Mitchell, until Scandrick returns in Week 5.

Bass made the Cowboys’ roster in 2012 as an undrafted free agent from Texas A&M who played two games as a rookie. Last year he suffered through injuries that landed him on IR without playing a game.

This year, the defensive tackle has been hobbled with hamstring issues and didn’t practice much here in training camp.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, that seals it. We will be worse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just find it an odd trade.

It is almost like controlled waivers, I guess?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just find it an odd trade.

It is almost like controlled waivers, I guess?
That's exactly what it was. Two guys who have barely played in the NFL who could have been cut any day now being traded for each to fill depth issues for the other team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's exactly what it was. Two guys who have barely played in the NFL who could have been cut any day now being traded for each to fill depth issues for the other team.
It still is kind of weird.

It is almost like Jerry called up Belichick and said, you got a CB, I really need one, he said YUP, and he asked for a DL.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When you have DL depth like we do...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

This is Schmitty's dream trade.
Almost. If it was his dream then Garrett would have orchestrated the trade.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It still is kind of weird.

It is almost like Jerry called up Belichick and said, you got a CB, I really need one, he said YUP, and he asked for a DL.
Like swapping 7th rounders.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This reminded me we traded Lissemore around the same time when it was clear we were going to have a shit DL last year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To be fair, it doesn't appear as if Bass was gonna make the team.

Top Bottom