MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Twins are 17-6 in May. And haven't called up any of their young guns yet.

They'll probably win the next 7-8 WS. Everyone else is playing for 2nd.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No comments from the Colby Lewis fan club today?
Where were you in his other starts? Other than two starts he has been pitching pretty good this year.

Rev

Staff member
The Twins are 17-6 in May. And haven't called up any of their young guns yet.

They'll probably win the next 7-8 WS. Everyone else is playing for 2nd.
:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Where were you in his other starts? Other than two starts he has been pitching pretty good this year.
Mid 3 ERA isn't too shabby.

Rev

Staff member
Mid 3 ERA isn't too shabby.
Well its not that right now....

He has been trending the wrong way lately but still has been pretty good for us. Just a bad day today.

Cotton

Staff member
Well its not that right now....

He has been trending the wrong way lately but still has been pretty good for us. Just a bad day today.
He went in today at about 3.4 something.

D

Deuce

I don't pay attention to them. I just happened to look at the day game scores since the Rays were playing and that big crooked number the Indians caught my attention.

Rev

Staff member
I don't pay attention to them. I just happened to look at the day game scores since the Rays were playing and that big crooked number the Indians caught my attention.
Actually since the last quarter of last season he has pitched well (at least for him). I cant explain today other than just one of those days and I guess he was due for a bad one.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Make that 18-6 in May after completing the 3 game sweep of the BoSox.

Twins gonna Twin. :towel

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Make that 18-6 in May after completing the 3 game sweep of the BoSox.

Twins gonna Twin. :towel
Did not think the Twins were going to be very good this year. Surprised by their start. Going to be tough for them to hang in that division all season but you never know. They're off to a great start anyway. Side note…I see that Kyle Gibson's K/9 is 4.31?! :lol That's worse than his normal pitiful rate. His ERA is going to skyrocket soon. You can not survive as a starting pitcher in MLB with that kind of rate.

How about the freaking Astros too? Wow. It was easy to see them coming together with a lot of good young talent but I am shocked at how well they have played so far this season. Figured it would be another season or two before they really took off. I get all the Astros and Rangers games on TV so I watch them quite a bit and I really don't think they are going away. I don't think they can keep up this pace, but they are legit.

Really happy with the Cubs. They need to add a couple pieces (another good starting pitcher and a bullpen piece or two) but they might be able to make a run at a wildcard this year. Much more fun to follow now that they have so much talent. I heart Kris Bryant. Anthony Rizzo is the best player on the team though. When they got him I figured he would develop into a solid starting first basemen but did not expect him to be this good.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Did not think the Twins were going to be very good this year. Surprised by their start. Going to be tough for them to hang in that division all season but you never know. They're off to a great start anyway.
I didn't either. Especially with Ervin Santana missing the first half of the season. I'm sure they'll eventually come back to earth, but it has been fun so far. I was hoping this year would be a year where all the young guys would learn to play together, and next year they would start making noise. Eddie Rosario getting called up early was nice. He's been playing pretty well so far. And I expect guys like Sano and Buxton to be up after midseason. Then guys like Nick Gordon, Jorge Polanco, and Max Kepler can trickle in over the next couple years.

The two oldest guys left on the roster are Joe Mauer (32) and Kurt Suzuki (31). Then Trevor Plouffe and Brian Dozier, both 28. The rest of the guys are all between 21 and 25. If we can find another starter or two, I really like this team going forward. Starters Alex Meyer, Jose Berrios, and Kohl Stewart can't get here soon enough.

Rev

Staff member
I think we are expected to do this. ...

Hamilton. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I think we are expected to do this. ...

Hamilton. :towel
Oh yeah, I completely forgot to come in here and do that last night, so here is my obligatory, although late :towel

Rev

Staff member
You just keep letting us hang around and see.

Cotton

Staff member
You just keep letting us hang around and see.
Yeah, if we get our starting pitching back and are still hanging around .500 we could actually finish strong and make a run at the playoffs. Never thought I would say that at the beginning of the year.

Cotton

Staff member
Chi Chi Gonzales starting for the Rangers tonight. Just because of his name he is my new favorite player.

Top Bottom