Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
we are talking about a third round pick. Granted I started it with the Chaz Green comment so thats my fault.

I'd say 60% of the time the player in the third round turns into a starter and 20% of the time the player turns into a stud like Witten or DeMarco Murray. You already know what you are getting with Adrian Peterson. A workhorse for the next 2-3 years who will get 20 carries a game. This is about the same amount of window we have to win a superbowl before we have to search for a new QB. I'd trade a third for Peterson and consider it a fair trade. Second rounder I pass.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
we are talking about a third round pick. Granted I started it with the Chaz Green comment so thats my fault.

I'd say 60% of the time the player in the third round turns into a starter and 20% of the time the player turns into a stud like Witten or DeMarco Murray. You already know what you are getting with Adrian Peterson. A workhorse for the next 2-3 years who will get 20 carries a game. This is about the same amount of window we have to win a superbowl before we have to search for a new QB. I'd trade a third for Peterson and consider it a fair trade. Second rounder I pass.
Splitting hairs between a 3rd and 4th is negligible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You already know what you are getting with Adrian Peterson.
No you don't. You HOPE you get the player he was two years ago. But there is a very good chance you don't. No position falls off as fast as RB does. And he's 30 years old coming off a long layoff. If the Vikes want more than a 4th, I tell them no thanks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I could even live with a third round. I wouldn't do it myself.... but I'd talk myself into liking it as a fan, especially cause we are getting a third round comp (even though I know that's no excuse).

But a 2nd or higher and I'd be outright pissed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How is it that everyone can say with absolutely that Petersen is good for at least 3 or so years and Murray is done? That ia a total presumption. Odds are with the cumulative wear and tear of the two, Petersen craters first but who really knows?

Carp

DCC 4Life
How is it that everyone can say with absolutely that Petersen is good for at least 3 or so years and Murray is done? That ia a total presumption. Odds are with the cumulative wear and tear of the two, Petersen craters first but who really knows?
I said I think he could have 3 great years, said nothing of Murray being done.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
who the hell said anything about murray being done? the only thing i saw people say is that a running back with 400 carries normally has a down year the following season. I don't even think that is always the case.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's hard to take you seriously when you keep injecting arguments that nobody has made.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's hard to take you seriously when you keep injecting arguments that nobody has made.
Don't be absurd. The entire debate about shucking Murray has been around his injury prone status and the overworked season he had. Those factors made a lot of people say he would too worn to be effective anymore. The support for Petersen was that his off year of not playing would rejuvinate him for another 3 or so years. You would say anything just to put someone down. It just your nature to take an adverserial position. If you act like like you havent heard these positions before then you are not being truthful.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't be absurd. The entire debate about shucking Murray has been around his injury prone status and the overworked season he had. Those factors made a lot of people say he would too worn to be effective anymore. The support for Petersen was that his off year of not playing would rejuvinate him for another 3 or so years. You would say anything just to put someone down. It just your nature to take an adverserial position. If you act like like you havent heard these positions before then you are not being truthful.
I'm being absurd yet 3 other people have said the same thing.:lol

That has not been the entire debate it's just you once again exaggerating a point to voice your agony over Nurray leaving. the majority of the board wanted him back at a certain price.

How is that saying he was finished?

The reason I act like a have not heard these positions is because you have fabricated them.

I will make this simple name 5 posters who have said Murray was done since "This was the argument" it should be easy.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm being absurd yet 3 other people have said the same thing.:lol

That has not been the entire debate it's just you once again exaggerating a point to voice your agony over Nurray leaving. the majority of the board wanted him back at a certain price.

How is that saying he was finished?

The reason I act like a have not heard these positions is because you have fabricated them.

I will make this simple name 5 posters who have said Murray was done since "This was the argument" it should be easy.
You are going on record as never having heard these positions? Okay.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/1/16/7555857/should-the-cowboys-resign-demarco-murray

This article is representive of why a lot of people think that Murray is downhill. Surley you have come across the debates that have resonated from these positions.
Wait so you are searching the entire internet to find somebody saying he was done?

What does that have to do with site which is where the arguments you are claiming happened?

And let's get back to the original topic you claiming somebody said Murray was "Done" even this article does not say that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seeing an impassioned Jiggy/LT debate is so choice. :fistpump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom