Archer: Cowboys' Sean Lee back at practice

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys' Sean Lee back at practice

December, 5, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee was back on the practice field for the first time since suffering a hamstring strain on Nov. 10 against the New Orleans Saints.

Lee has missed the past two games but he will play Monday against theChicago Bears, as should linebacker Justin Durant, who also was hurt versus the Saints and returned to practice on Thursday. How much they practiced will be revealed later in the day, but the expectation is that both will be limited.

The only players missing from Thursday’s workout were cornerback Morris Claiborne and wide receiver Dwayne Harris, who have hamstring injuries. Both players could miss their second straight game with the injury.

Fullback Tyler Clutts, who will wear No. 44, is taking part in his first practice since signing with the Cowboys on Tuesday.

With temperatures in the mid-30s and rain starting to fall, the Cowboys could get a feel for the elements when they play at Soldier Field. The high temperature for Chicago on Monday is 27 degrees with a low of 5.

“We want to practice here, outside,” coach Jason Garrett said. “The weather has been good to us. Going up to play in some of these northern cities where the weather is bad, a couple of weeks ago against the Giants we got some bad weather down here in the days leading up to that and we thought that was a positive to go out there and practice in it. It sounds like the weather’s not going to be great here the next couple of days, so we’re going to embrace that opportunity as well.”

If the weather is too bad to practice outside, the Cowboys could move Friday’s practice to Highland Park’s indoor facility. AT&T Stadium is not available this week because it is set up for the Kentucky-Baylor college basketball game.

jester

Brand New Member
When are we gonna get a strenth and conditioning guy that can solve all of tuese hammie issues?

Cotton

Staff member
Sean Lee's return pleased Monte Kiffin

December, 6, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The return of middle linebacker Sean Lee from a two-game absence due to a pulled left hamstring has brought good news to Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

Lee's return means Ernie Sims goes back to the bench in the base defense and Kiffin gets his playcaller and one of his top tacklers back for Monday's game at the Chicago Bears.

"It's pretty big, I’d like to see 50 out there running around. It’s a pretty nice deal," Kiffin said of Lee, who has 93 tackles and four interceptions this season. "I’ll say the thing for the whole group of linebackers [is] they stepped up and did a heck of a job. can't say enough about Ernie Sims stepping up and playing mike linebacker and Barry Church playing some dime and things like that. They all did a good job."

The Cowboys missed Lee's playmaking skills the last few weeks. His four interceptions lead the team and are tied for fourth in the NFL. He just seems to have a way of finding the ball and ball carriers, and although the Bears don't have the best rushing attack in the league, running back Matt Forte is considered a solid player at his position.

"I think he's a special player when he plays," Kiffin said of Lee. "He's the quarterback of your defense, he’s sideline-to-sideline, and like a lot of different type of Mike linebackers he can do it all. He can go sideline-to-sideline, Cover 2, play man-to-man and then he's like a coach on the field. He makes calls we do things with our Mike linebacker who makes a lot of calls. He does a heck of a job."

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I wouldn't even make Lee practice.

He could never practice again and be miles better than Sims.

Could also probably be drunk.

Cotton

Staff member
Sean Lee will be three-down player in return
December, 6, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Sean Lee has built his play on being a three-down linebacker.

Even though he missed the Cowboys' past two games with a hamstring injury, the inside linebacker will not be limited when he returns to the field Monday against the Chicago Bears.

“I’ll be ready to go,” said Lee, who took part in his second straight full practice. “If I’m going to play I want to play full go.”

Lee attacked his rehab the way he attacks breaking down game film. He spent time in a hyperbaric chamber. He had massages. He used active release therapy, extra stretching, acupuncture and just about anything else he could to speed up the recovery.

“I think it’s just a whole system of here working with the trainers, making sure I’m getting rest, making sure I’m on point with my diet, making sure I’m doing different treatments like hyperbaric chamber and different things that are going to help heal that muscle more quickly,” Lee said, “and I think it helped.”

Coach Jason Garrett told him to use some good, old fashioned Tiger Balm.

“I’m still using the Tiger Balm right now,” Lee said. “Yeah, we use it to warm up. I don’t know if it’s exactly Tiger Balm but it’s something to put a little heat on it and make sure the hamstring is ready to go.”

The schedule also helped. While he missed four weeks, he missed only two games because of the Cowboys’ Nov. 17 bye week and two games in five days thanks to the Thanksgiving Day game. He actually got an extra day of rest with the Monday kickoff versus the Bears.

Lee does not believe the cold awaiting the team in Chicago will be an issue for his hamstring.

“I’m sure you’ve got to warm up properly,” Lee said, “but the cold weather is part of the deal and I think I’m going to be fine.”

Top Bottom