2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sounds like it may just be best to leave Crawford at end. Sounds like maybe his body just doesn't take the beating as a three technique well anymore.
Yeah, I leave him at end for now. He looked pretty good towards the end of the game after the move. Let him get back in the swing of things and see what he can do. What I don't do is move him from back and forth. Leave him at end if you want him to play there.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really nice pass rush move by Crawford. Not really liking Jack Crawford at RE though. I think that's a really bad matchup for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I leave him at end for now. He looked pretty good towards the end of the game after the move. Let him get back in the swing of things and see what he can do. What I don't do is move him from back and forth. Leave him at end if you want him to play there.
I agree, plus we have plenty of guys who can play the 3 technique. Let Crawford getting really good at LE. Then when Lawrence comes back put Lawrence at RE and we may actually have something of a decent defensive line. Assuming McClain continues playing as well as he has.

Something like

LE Crawford
3DT Collins
1DT McClain
RE Lawrence

And then rotate guys like Jack Crawford, Irving, Thornton and Mayowa basically anywhere (Well Mayowa probably strictly at DE).

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree, plus we have plenty of guys who can play the 3 technique. Let Crawford getting really good at LE. Then when Lawrence comes back put Lawrence at RE and we may actually have something of a decent defensive line. Assuming McClain continues playing as well as he has.

Something like

LE Crawford
3DT Collins
1DT McClain
RE Lawrence

And then rotate guys like Jack Crawford, Irving, Thornton and Mayowa basically anywhere (Well Mayowa probably strictly at DE).
I like that starting DL. There isn't a dynamic pass rusher among them but should be good enough to bring decent pressure. McClain has been noticeably good so far but I do worry about him staying healthy. That has been an issue for him. If he can play 12 games at this level though it is a big boost.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like that starting DL. There isn't a dynamic pass rusher among them but should be good enough to bring decent pressure. McClain has been noticeably good so far but I do worry about him staying healthy. That has been an issue for him. If he can play 12 games at this level though it is a big boost.
Yeah but I feel comfortable with Thornton starting. Frankly the reason why McClain is starting over him right now I think is because McClain has just been that good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Practice Update: Scandrick Now Dealing With 2 Hamstring Injuries; LB Returns
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:13 PM CDT

By Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – The only thing worse than a cornerback having to fight through a hamstring injury … would be to fight through two hamstring injuries. That’s the case for veteran Orlando Scandrick, who was limited in Wednesday’s practice at The Star, spending the first portion working with the training staff on a side field. Scandrick fought through a nagging left hamstring injury last week against the Redskins, but now has developed a strained right hamstring as well.

It’s likely Scandrick will be limited in practice for most of the week, but the fact he was wearing his pads and had his helmet suggest he could possibly get ready for Sunday night’s game. At the slot position, the Cowboys will work rookie Anthony Brown, while Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr would handle the outside positions at corner. Last year, Scandrick missed the entire season with a torn ACL injury. Read Mark Nzeocha returned to practice after missing the last three weeks with an Achilles injury. The Cowboys could use him for depth purposes at middle linebacker, where it’s likely Justin Durant will get more reps this week.

Cotton

Staff member
Practice Update: Scandrick Now Dealing With 2 Hamstring Injuries; LB Returns
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:13 PM CDT

By Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – The only thing worse than a cornerback having to fight through a hamstring injury … would be to fight through two hamstring injuries. That’s the case for veteran Orlando Scandrick, who was limited in Wednesday’s practice at The Star, spending the first portion working with the training staff on a side field. Scandrick fought through a nagging left hamstring injury last week against the Redskins, but now has developed a strained right hamstring as well.

It’s likely Scandrick will be limited in practice for most of the week, but the fact he was wearing his pads and had his helmet suggest he could possibly get ready for Sunday night’s game. At the slot position, the Cowboys will work rookie Anthony Brown, while Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr would handle the outside positions at corner. Last year, Scandrick missed the entire season with a torn ACL injury. Read Mark Nzeocha returned to practice after missing the last three weeks with an Achilles injury. The Cowboys could use him for depth purposes at middle linebacker, where it’s likely Justin Durant will get more reps this week.
Retirement presser coming soon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Retirement presser coming soon.
I think it's admirable how he pushes through the injury but maybe he should just rest. There are some players who get even a minor injury and want to sit. Scandrick seems like the exact opposite but it is only making things worse for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, Scandrick can tough it out for 2 more games before the bye. He shouldn't have to play more than about 35 snaps per game and the competition isn't exactly killer against the Bears and 49ers.

Hopefully Nzeocha can get back on the field soon, he could potentially be our 3rd best LB immediately.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh, Scandrick can tough it out for 2 more games before the bye. He shouldn't have to play more than about 35 snaps per game and the competition isn't exactly killer against the Bears and 49ers.

Hopefully Nzeocha can get back on the field soon, he could potentially be our 3rd best LB immediately.
If we need Scandrick to beat the Bears and 49ers, we are not going anywhere anyways.

These next few weeks is where this team takes the damn training wheels off and puts it out there that they have a complete team and enough depth to overcome the relatively few injuries we have.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's 4K.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
nope. I use a USB HD device that's eight years old connected to a rabbit ears antenna on my windowsill. hardly cutting edge.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I will bet my life savings he won't come close to it.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom