2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
ESPN is reporting teams are trying to trade up to the top of the fourth round for Cook. I swear the Browns are just in love with floating that rumor to drum up interest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I see that Bullard went after 67. I would rather have had him than Collins. I really shouldn't have gone and looked. Ugh.
My bone to pick with Collins is that I don't think he was better than what was on the board.

Marinelli just fell in love with his "quick twitch" and that was it. Sad thing is, he either wins at the snap or it's over. If he loses, he can be run at.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I can't see them letting the fifth go by without a pick.

That basically means their first 4th gets traded away and they drop way down in the round if they can pull a trade off.

I think trading down at this point would be pretty dumb. We have 5 picks in the next 3 rounds. That 1st 4th is way more valuable than an extra 5th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ESPN is reporting teams are trying to trade up to the top of the fourth round for Cook. I swear the Browns are just in love with floating that rumor to drum up interest.
I don't know why anyone would want to trade up for Cook. But trading up for some QB at the top of the fourth is like a tradition. Matt Barkley was that guy a few years ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see that Bullard went after 67. I would rather have had him than Collins. I really shouldn't have gone and looked. Ugh.
Screw Bullard. He is too slow and unathletic to play DE and I don't want another 285 pound DE trying to play DT in our defense. We have those guys already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think trading down at this point would be pretty dumb. We have 5 picks in the next 3 rounds. That 1st 4th is way more valuable than an extra 5th.
Unless they move up from the sixth, I dunno how they get a fifth unless they get it for Leary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We're going to come away from today with 2 CBs, a WR, a DE, and a QB. And either a LB or TE.

You know this. Accept it. We just don't know the order.
Fuck that 2 CB thing. But you are probably right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why anyone would want to trade up for Cook. But trading up for some QB at the top of the fourth is like a tradition. Matt Barkley was that guy a few years ago.
The Browns were floating the same shit at the top of the second round too and ended up picking someone. I really like Cook but it seems silly to me that a team would pass on someone they think could be a franchise QB until the fourth round and then decide that they just must have him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't put it past Dallas to take a OG here either. McGovern in particular since Seumelo went to the Eagles in the 3rd.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Unless they move up from the sixth, I dunno how they get a fifth unless they get it for Leary.
Ah, yeah. Forgot about us supposedly shopping him. That wouldn't surprise me at all if he's how we get in to the fifth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Browns were floating the same shit at the top of the second round too and ended up picking someone. I really like Cook but it seems silly to me that a team would pass on someone they think could be a franchise QB until the fourth round and then decide that they just must have him.
That's my thing.

If you are waiting until the 4th, why bother?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As disappointed I was with last night, I am glad we didn't give that away for Douche Hair.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't put it past Dallas to take a OG here either. McGovern in particular since Seumelo went to the Eagles in the 3rd.
I wouldn't be either. I think they intend to move Leary, either for a pick this year or next. Even if he isn't gone during the draft I don't expect him to make it to the season on our roster. I think Leary wants to go somewhere that he can have a chance to start. I think Dallas knows he is gone after this year no matter what.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If Leary gets traded, it will be sometime in the 4th or 5th rounds. There's no point afterward unless it's to try and pick up an extra middle round pick next year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, here we go. 4th round on. Where champions are built.

~wipes tear~

Damn it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just got my second rabbit. I just single-handedly brought good luck to round 4. You're welcome.

data

Forbes #1
War Room cam, who's the guy wearing the yellow and white striped polo shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom