2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No problem with the pick, big guy with some upside.

Surprised Billings has fell so far.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's he kind of guy that when you get him in the fourth you are clamoring that it's a steal. Instead it's a solid three.

I feel better about this pick than I did about Tyrone Crawford when he was taken in the third, I'll say that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We could still trade up for Dak.

:skurred

Please, somebody take him. Please?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No problem with the pick, big guy with some upside.

Surprised Billings has fell so far.
Yeah I think this guy is just more of a 3 technique where as Billings is more of a NT. I still can't believe he has fallen this far though. I would have no problem moving up for Billings if he keeps falling.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Other than the knee thing with Smith every pick so far can help the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And?

There are other guys at his position described as that or better.
Bronson Kaufusi just went and that dude is a fourth or fifth rounder at best. But you're telling me a guy projected in the second/third went too high?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What a wasted day two.
Yeah, I don't agree with that.

Both guys aren't who I would have selected, but both are solid picks. And with Smith, the chance for a home run is there. It sucks we won't get to see him play this year, but just think of it as trading your pick for a first rounder next year. It's not like we're waiting a year for some middling scrub. This guy has game changing potential. If he never makes it back, yeah. It'll suck major ass. But if he does? This has the potential to be a draft we look at as helping us turn it around. We have to trust that his/our doctor gave him a good chance of recovery.

We got two really good young defensive pieces. Front 7 guys in fact, which everyone on here tells me is the important part of defense.
Exactly, I agree. I wouldn't hate Cook next, but honestly I would rather get all defense the rest of this draft, then next year do what it takes to move up and get a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom