Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Again, if I was guaranteed that Ramsey would be a Woodson level player I would be perfectly fine taking him. Of course that is a huge unknown and risk to take when you consider that he didn't display great play-making skills in college.
That's the jest of it. Basically he's a great athlete but not the top CB or S. Seems too much of a gamble for me to take in the top 5.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I keep reading what I want from a #4 pick who is that guy in this draft?

Nobody wants Tunsil and he is the only legitimate guy that would go top 4 in most drafts.

So who is that guy in this draft that is a guy who is going to impact week to week?

Ramsey has as good a chance as anybody else.
I'd take Tunsil over Ramsey even though it's not as big of a need because he's possibly the best player in the draft. Could be a decade long stud on the OL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be a decade long stud on the OL.
If he was that good and available at 4 teams would be lining up to trade up and take him. I'd take them up on that offer. We already have the decade long LT locked in for the next decade.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If he was that good and available at 4 teams would be lining up to trade up and take him. I'd take them up on that offer. We already have the decade long LT locked in for the next decade.
Interchangeable Tackles!!!

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's the jest of it. Basically he's a great athlete but not the top CB or S. Seems too much of a gamble for me to take in the top 5.
He has been called the best safety and Cb by multiple people.

Now that is debatable but let's not act like he is a gamble at both positions.

He has his fans and detractors like everybody else besides Tunsil.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has his fans and detractors like everybody else besides Tunsil.
Funny you say that. I actually saw Bill Polian the other day even throwing Tunsil under the bus. Basically implying that there was some off the field stuff he really didn't like about him. There are so many draft people out there, you can find a negative opinion on anyone.

data

Forbes #1
T minus 2 weeks...should this thread go into the main forum now?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i'd take tunsil for sure, but the ideal situation is to trade down to around 8-12 and get a player like elliot, buckner, jack, or even Lynch

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd take Tunsil over Ramsey even though it's not as big of a need because he's possibly the best player in the draft. Could be a decade long stud on the OL.
I would be tempted but I think Ramsey could really upgrade the secondary.

I am not jumping on the table for Ramsey but if not a QB I think he impacts this team as much or more than any of the other guys at this spot.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Funny you say that. I actually saw Bill Polian the other day even throwing Tunsil under the bus. Basically implying that there was some off the field stuff he really didn't like about him. There are so many draft people out there, you can find a negative opinion on anyone.
Interesting about Tunsil but he was with Kemdechi in that hotel room.

At this point in the process the negative stuff is the only thing getting clicks.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does seem to me like his injury has been dragging on for way too long. For a guy who was supposedly healed up months ago he still isn't there yet.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't. Even though I don't want Ramsey, I'd rather take him over Tunsil mainly because of the law of diminishing returns. Just how much better would he make our Oline replacing Free? How much better could Ramsey make our defensive backfield if he was replacing somebody like Church? Yeah, overall he's probably a better talent. But Dallas taking Tunsil would be stupid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't. Even though I don't want Ramsey, I'd rather take him over Tunsil mainly because of the law of diminishing returns. Just how much better would he make our Oline replacing Free? How much better could Ramsey make our defensive backfield if he was replacing somebody like Church? Yeah, overall he's probably a better talent. But Dallas taking Tunsil would be stupid.
Yeah I'd take Ramsey over Tunsil as well. Hell I may even take Elliott over Tunsil which should tell you something since I'm very against Elliott anywhere close to 4. I'd take Bosa over all these guys though. I'd take Myles Jack over Tunsil too although I wonder if we are really interested in Myles Jack at all.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah I'd take Ramsey over Tunsil as well. Hell I may even take Elliott over Tunsil which should tell you something since I'm very against Elliott anywhere close to 4. I'd take Bosa over all these guys though. I'd take Myles Jack over Tunsil too although I wonder if we are really interested in Myles Jack at all.
Agreed all around.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith's medical recheck in Indianapolis didn't change the expectation that he will miss the entire 2016 NFL season.

Many NFL clubs, however, expect the 2015 Butkus Award winner to return for 2017, according to NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport. Although teams are still reviewing the results of Smith's recheck, several sources informed of the exam told Rapoport his knee was much the same as it was when examined at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

"I know there are some teams very concerned about whether he'll be ready to go in 2017. Unfortunately, I think that's really going to hurt his stock," said NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein. "On the other hand, if he fully recovers at any point, you've got one of the best players in the draft."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653424/article/after-medical-recheck-lb-jaylon-smith-expected-to-miss-2016

Pretty much a lock to fall out of the first at the very least now unless a team with a solid LB corp/roster that can afford to let him sit drafts him.

It always seems to be the case that the previous tier ends right above us. If we're 4th the first tier ends at 3. If we're 18th the 2nd tier ends at 16 or 17.
Well if these dumb Mutherfuckers wouldn't have won that unnecessary game against Washington we wouldn't have to worry about this..

data

Forbes #1
If Tunsil falls to #4, I think the trade value will be more valuable than drafting a player at #4.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Well if these dumb Mutherfuckers wouldn't have won that unnecessary game against Washington we wouldn't have to worry about this..
Maybe. We'd be 3-13 and tied with the Browns on strength of schedule. A coin flip would've decided if we were 2nd or 3rd. At 2, we could get the #2 QB, but at 3 we'd still be in the same boat.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I would be tempted but I think Ramsey could really upgrade the secondary.

I am not jumping on the table for Ramsey but if not a QB I think he impacts this team as much or more than any of the other guys at this spot.
I still think I'd rather go with one of the DL or Elliot and then a CB in the 2nd or 3rd, rather than Ramsey at 4 and then a DL in the 2nd or 3rd. It also hasn't helped that 3 of the last 4 times we've picked in the top 10 we've gone with a DB, with marginal to no success. I know none of them have any impact on Ramsey's career, but I'm tired of taking DB's when we are picking this high. The one time we didn't in the last 15 years was Tyron and he's been the best of the 4 top ten picks we've had.

Truth be told, out of the non-QB's we're debating at 4, I'm not confident in any of them. Ramsey, Bosa and Buckner all have potential and all scare me to an extent. A month ago I was definitely against Elliot at 4 thinking it was too much of a reach. But right now he looks to me to be the most solid, safest pick at that point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom