Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will Fuller is not as much of a body catcher as Williams, you seem to be digging yourself a bit off a hole.
He's just latching on to a term because before today he didn't know anything about Fuller. Aka he thought he was a seventh round special teams ace. At least he is in this draft.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's just latching on to a term because before today he didn't know anything about Fuller. Aka he thought he was a seventh round special teams ace. At least he is in this draft.
I have read about his drops but the body catcher thing is overblown and irrelevant nobody caught more catches with his body than Irvin.

The problem with Williams is he has problems catching period and he uses his body as a crutch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Treadwell throws up the 'X' on Dallas visit

Former Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was in the Lone Star State early this week for a pre-draft visit with the Dallas Cowboys. While at AT&T Stadium, Treadwell posed for a pic in front of Dez Bryant's locker, throwing up the "X" in honor of the Cowboys receiver. Treadwell later posted the picture on Instagram with the caption "Americas Team," tagging both Bryant and quarterback Tony Romo in the process.

Treadwell had already established himself as a fan of Bryant earlier in the year. "I wouldn't say I would model my game after anyone, but I do like the way Dez Bryant plays, the way he attacks the ball, makes plays and makes the difficult plays," Treadwell said at the NFL combine, according to Cowboys.com. "Similarities are there, but I don't like to model myself after anyone. I like to learn and create my own style of play."

Treadwell was listed by Todd McShay as the top receiver prospect in the upcoming draft, so the image certainly has Dallas fans excited about the prospect of Treadwell and Bryant teaming up to catch passes from Romo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh fuck you. I knew exactly where he has risen to in draft status. I think it's way overblown and I wouldn't touch him before the 5th.

Cotton

Staff member
I have read about his drops but the body catcher thing is overblown and irrelevant nobody caught more catches with his body than Irvin.

The problem with Williams is he has problems catching period and he uses his body as a crutch.
Literally everyone is dubbing him a body-catcher. But, I guess I'm just making shit up and stuff.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Literally everyone is dubbing him a body-catcher. But, I guess I'm just making shit up and stuff.
Everybody also has him rated as a late 1st, early second so which everybody should we pay attention too?

It not so much the body catcher thing as the fact that you think that should drop him to the 5th.

Irvin was a body catcher as well and we see how that worked out.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Everybody also has him rated as a late 1st, early second so which everybody should we pay attention too?

It not so much the body catcher thing as the fact that you think that should drop him to the 5th.

Irvin was a body catcher as well and we see how that worked out.
Irvin was also a freak athlete. I also don't remember him catching the ball into his body as much as you're insinuating. But, regardless, you are comparing one of the best WRs ever to a chump that IMO won't amount to shit in the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and for whoever said he was projected to go that high before the Combine is full of shit. I looked ate 3 different mocks just now from before the Combine (NFL, SI, and CBS) and 2 of the 3 had him going later than the second, and one had him going at the very end of the second. His 40 time is the only reason he is rising now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty sure that Fuller was generally considered as a solid 2nd rounder before the Combine. Everybody knew he could fly, it didn't take him running at the Combine to tell us that, and he is very similar to Devin Smith who went at the top of the 2nd last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and for whoever said he was projected to go that high before the Combine is full of shit. I looked ate 3 different mocks just now from before the Combine (NFL, SI, and CBS) and 2 of the 3 had him going later than the second, and one had him going at the very end of the second. His 40 time is the only reason he is rising now.
Or he was a junior who came out early and teams were still looking at his film. Which makes way more sense since everyone already knew he was a 4.3 speed kind of guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure that Fuller was generally considered as a solid 2nd rounder before the Combine. Everybody knew he could fly, it didn't take him running at the Combine to tell us that, and he is very similar to Devin Smith who went at the top of the 2nd last year.
Yeah this is correct. I've seen reports of him as a second rounder to possibly late first from the day he declared.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah this is correct. I've seen reports of him as a second rounder to possibly late first from the day he declared.
Well, that's weird since the NFL mock in Feb before the draft didn't even have him in the first two rounds.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that's weird since the NFL mock in Feb before the draft didn't even have him in the first two rounds.
Mcshay had him going in the first of his mock back in December. You know there is nothing wrong with admitting you just didn't have a clue about a player? We don't all spend every day looking at draft stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
Mcshay had him going in the first of his mock back in December. You know there is nothing wrong with admitting you just didn't have a clue about a player? We don't all spend every day looking at draft stuff.
He also had Michael Thomas as his number 1 WR in the draft at one point, so yeah...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He also had Michael Thomas as his number 1 WR in the draft at one point, so yeah...
Yeah mocks change. Good job totally changing the subject. Which is that Fuller has always been viewed as a second round prospect with the ability to go late first. And if you were paying attention you would know some media people were late to the game with Fuller because originally he was supposedly returning for his senior year. Kiper for example didn't rank him for awhile because he thought he was staying.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Irvin was also a freak athlete. I also don't remember him catching the ball into his body as much as you're insinuating. But, regardless, you are comparing one of the best WRs ever to a chump that IMO won't amount to shit in the NFL.
Irvin was not a freak athlete.

He was a 4.5 at best guy and Fuller is a much better athlete, you are all over the place now, nobody has ever thought of Irvin as a freak athlete.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah mocks change. Good job totally changing the subject. Which is that Fuller has always been viewed as a second round prospect with the ability to go late first. And if you were paying attention you would know some media people were late to the game with Fuller because originally he was supposedly returning for his senior year. Kiper for example didn't rank him for awhile because he thought he was staying.
Wrong. Absolutely wrong, actually. Keep trying.

Cotton

Staff member
Irvin was not a freak athlete.

He was a 4.5 at best guy and Fuller is a much better athlete, you are all over the place now, nobody has ever thought of Irvin as a freak athlete.
So, the only tale for a freak athlete is their speed? Yeah, okay. :lol

Shows your great comprehension of what an athlete is.

Top Bottom