Name Your Draft Sleepers...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You might not like him but his general stock is 2nd-3rd rounder. That isn't a sleeper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We already have one body-catcher with stone hands. No thanks. Like I said, I would take him late as a return man and that's about it.
Well I strongly disagree with your assessment but the point remains he won't go in the late rounds. It's like saying you like Joey Bosa as a sleeper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well I strongly disagree with your assessment but the point remains he won't go in the late rounds. It's like saying you like Joey Bosa as a sleeper.
Agree to disagree, but it's pretty widely held that he has issues catching the ball.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agree to disagree, but it's pretty widely held that he has issues catching the ball.
I think his hands are way better then he gets credit for. He caught absolutely everything at the combine and made some impressive catches during the season. He does drop some balls but he doesn't have stone hands either. But what he does have is elite quickness and speed. He has decent size at 6 foot as well. The Cowboys have absolutely no one with that type of speed on the roster.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Every draft profile that have seen has said hand issues. Even Notre Dame fans that watch him play each week say the same thing but I guess it's not true.

Cotton

Staff member
Every draft profile that have seen has said hand issues. Even Notre Dame fans that watch him play each week say the same thing but I guess it's not true.
I have watched his hands issues. The only reason he is rising is because of his Combine 40 times. He isn't all that good. I mean, sure, I'd love to have him returning kicks. But I'm not using a 1-3 on that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Julio Jones had a shitload of drops in college too. Some players can fix that and some can't.

Cotton

Staff member
Julio Jones had a shitload of drops in college too. Some players can fix that and some can't.
Correct, and I'm not using a pick pick on a hope. The difference between Julio and Fuller is, Jones was never a body-catcher. Will Fuller is. Much harder to teach that out of a receiver than just dropping the ball.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I agree. I just find it funny to say that he doesn't have or problems are overrated when it's being pointed out by even fans of the team/player that watch him more closely.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Correct, and I'm not using a pick pick on a hope. The difference between Julio and Fuller is, Jones was never a body-catcher. Will Fuller is. Much harder to teach that out of a receiver than just dropping the ball.
Even if he drops a few, he could still be a DeSean Jackson level deep threat. Either way, calling a guy with that much hype a 'sleeper' is stupid. A sleeper is an underrated player that we think will be drafted lower than his value. You're talking about the opposite of that.

Cotton

Staff member
Even if he drops a few, he could still be a DeSean Jackson level deep threat. Either way, calling a guy with that much hype a 'sleeper' is stupid. A sleeper is an underrated player that we think will be drafted lower than his value. You're talking about the opposite of that.
Well, thanks goodness I didn't call him a sleeper then.

Cotton

Staff member
So Stars asked about sleeper WRs and in answer to his question you give him a guy who will go in the 25-35 range. Makes sense.
No, he didn't. He asked about mid to late round WRs. And, he may go in the 25-35 range, but I wouldn't take him there, obviously. So, he qualifies as a mid to late round WR I would take... in the mid to late rounds. Not sure how that is hard to follow.

Cotton

Staff member
In case that was too hard to understand... a sleeper is a player that is better than their draft position. I'm talking about the opposite. Opposite means what something means but exactly contrary.

Top Bottom