Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Ronda Rousey is taking the Swayze roll in a remake of Road House.

God, fucking, dammit. This is horrid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

dallen

Senior Tech
It is a miracle Road House is as good as it is, and it is pretty much all due to Swayze's charisma. I'm not sure anyone could fill his role, least of all someone who isn't even an actor. Maybe someone like Will Smith or The Rock could pull it off. I guess we can be glad it isn't Melissa McCarthy.

D

Deuce

It is a miracle Road House is as good as it is, and it is pretty much all due to Swayze's charisma. I'm not sure anyone could fill his role, least of all someone who isn't even an actor. Maybe someone like Will Smith or The Rock could pull it off. I guess we can be glad it isn't Melissa McCarthy.
No way. Sam Elliot and Ben Gazzara both were great as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the first one was awesome but good god I don't even want to know about this new abortion of a movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Keanu Reeves took the part...I'd be all about this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sam Elliot could still play the part he had. Alec Baldwin could replace Gazzara.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think Melissa McCarthy would be awesome.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I highly recommend,He used to be in cahoots with Al Sharpton.:lol

You get a great understanding of what most cable news is all about today and all talk radio.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The fucking Catalina Wine Mixer from Step Brothers is now a real event
By Danette Chavez
Sep 9, 2015 1:22 PM

In a case of life imitating art and Adam Scott, /Film reports that the first annual Catalina Wine Mixer will be held this month. The party is inspired by the biggest fictional helicopter leasing event in the Western Hemisphere as seen in Step Brothers, the 2008 movie in which Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly played the titular bros with arrested development. It was the film’s climactic event that healed old family wounds, caused some hallucinations, and even prompted Ferrell’s character to lose his stage fright.

The Santa Catalina Island Company, which holds the title to the island, is promoting the event (sans expletive) set for September 13, which was a long time in coming. Apparently, the organizers were inspired to throw their own fucking Catalina Wine Mixer after the movie debuted, but things just didn’t come together. (That, or they took a cue from the film’s stars and waited for someone else to take care of it.) The wine-and-chopper party joins the list of other unofficial tie-ins that includes the time someone actually built The Homer car, or the founding of the Albuquerque Isotopes, or some other non-Simpsons example.

The real Catalina Wine Mixer will stay true to movie form and feature gourmet food, fine wine, live music, DJs, and of course, helicopter rides. The film’s fictional band, Uptown Girl, won’t make an appearance, which is good news for anyone who’s not into ’80s Billy Joel doo-wop. And sadly, it looks like Prestige Worldwide, the band comprising Brennan/Nighthawk (Ferrell) and Dale/Dragon (Reilly), won’t make it either. But the Dan Band, a real band that’s been featured in Old School and The Hangover, will headline the show.

Carl

RIP Brother
Watched Black Mass tonight. Passable. Better than I thought it would be. Denedict Cumberbatch is quite a good actor I think.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Predator holds up pretty good...caught it on AMC tonight and miss these kind of action movies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Funny Farm with Chevy Chase is an underrated comedy. Showing it on HBO...forgot how good it was.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Funny Farm with Chevy Chase is an underrated comedy. Showing it on HBO...forgot how good it was.
70s/80s Chevy Chase is great. Not sure he made even one bad movie in that time. Several all-timers. Fell off a cliff after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom