Soccer Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, Madrid looked like complete shit, pretty impressive considering Messi barely did anything and only played about 30 minutes.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
4-0 over Madrid, 6-1 over Roma.

Barcelona look unstoppable right now.

Carl

RIP Brother
4-0 over Madrid, 6-1 over Roma.

Barcelona look unstoppable right now.
Other than Bayern, there is no other club in the conversation right now. You must be enjoying Chelsea's season so far...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Other than Bayern, there is no other club in the conversation right now. You must be enjoying Chelsea's season so far...
Indeed I am. :towel

He'll make it to the end of the season then he's gone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=42]Carl[/MENTION]

This is for you:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Video seems to be gone, but do you think Mou or Guardiola is next manager of Man U. One of them will be, I think.
Try here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10103598/chelsea-fan-writes-jose-mourinho-tribute-song

To answer your question.....yes, I do think one of them will be the next manager.

I think it'll be Mourinho. He is said to covet the job, but United officials are concerned about his behavior and the antics that come with him.

Pep could take the job, but I think he ends up at City. They have the better squad that are better built to play his style, and 2 close associates of his from his Barcelona days are at the club as well. It makes too much sense for him not to go there.

I would love to see both Pep and Mourinho return to Manchester. It would make for excellent entertainment.

Carl

RIP Brother
Try here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10103598/chelsea-fan-writes-jose-mourinho-tribute-song

To answer your question.....yes, I do think one of them will be the next manager.

I think it'll be Mourinho. He is said to covet the job, but United officials are concerned about his behavior and the antics that come with him.

Pep could take the job, but I think he ends up at City. They have the better squad that are better built to play his style, and 2 close associates of his from his Barcelona days are at the club as well. It makes too much sense for him not to go there.

I would love to see both Pep and Mourinho return to Manchester. It would make for excellent entertainment.
You were right with Pep.

Can Leicester pull this off? I doubt it every game, but every game, I am proved wrong.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Really hope Leicester can pull out the league, if they had gotten the draw today I think they would have but now it's a tossup. They have a relatively easy schedule though and have shown no signs of slowing down so why not?

Also loved that Messi penalty today, can't see how Barcelona could let money break up what they have with him, Neymar and Suarez.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
17 year old American has played big minutes as a sub for Borussia Dortmund in some important games recently and today started/played the entire 1st half against the 4th place team in Germany on the road. A couple of really promising young Americans out in Europe right now between him and the central defender at Chelsea.

Carl

RIP Brother
Great comeback from FC Bayern. I didn't think anyone would put 4 goals past Buffon; my favorite player since the 80's btw. Based on the draw, it looks like Barca, RM, Bayern and PSG in the semi's; as it should be.

Carl

RIP Brother
What is this nonsense of a lawsuit that the 5 female characters have filed, asking for equal pay for female soccer players? Is there a female professional soccer league; if so what is it called and do you any of you know anyone who has ever attended a match. MLS is shite, but at least people go. If these ladies want equal pay, go and join a mens league.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
What is this nonsense of a lawsuit that the 5 female characters have filed, asking for equal pay for female soccer players? Is there a female professional soccer league; if so what is it called and do you any of you know anyone who has ever attended a match. MLS is shite, but at least people go. If these ladies want equal pay, go and join a mens league.
I haven't seen the lawsuit. Are they asking for their pro leagues to pay the same as MLS? If it is the National team they probably should be paid more than the Men's team.

D

Deuce

I haven't seen the lawsuit. Are they asking for their pro leagues to pay the same as MLS? If it is the National team they probably should be paid more than the Men's team.
It's for the National Team and I agree, they've proven their worth compared to the Men's Team. But unlike the women who only draw at the WC, a crappy men's team til sells out for friendly's.

Carl

RIP Brother
It's for the National Team and I agree, they've proven their worth compared to the Men's Team. But unlike the women who only draw at the WC, a crappy men's team til sells out for friendly's.
I don't believe that you should be paid to play for your national team. It is an honor to be selected; if you don't like it, don't play.

D

Deuce

I don't believe that you should be paid to play for your national team. It is an honor to be selected; if you don't like it, don't play.
I get that, but winning is the ultimate goal and the stars won't do it for free. Once one country pays, they will all be forced to.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's not about results, it's about how much revenue they produce. I have no idea about the figures, but if I'd have to guess it's probably much closer to the ratio in pay than 1:1.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Leicester still killing it, they only need 9 points out of the last 5 games to pull off what would be the equivalent of like the Hornets winning the NBA title next season.

The 17 year old American at Dortmund started and played 70+ minutes at Schalke, which is a huge rivalry game. He was arguably their best player in the first half too, very impressive for someone his age and I'm guessing he's a mainstay on the national team for the next 10-15 years.

Carl

RIP Brother
How can a team that was 5000-1 win the EPL? This Leicester story is remarkable.

Top Bottom