GEORGE: When will Murray’s 100-yard streak end?; Has anyone missed Claiborne?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The only thing I'll give Garrett is there is that he deserves credit for the team consistently showing up to play every week. The team wasn't intimidated by Seattle and didn't let NY become a trap game. Garrett is one of the worst playcallers ever but at least the team seems to buy his "process, stacking, get better in all 3 phases" cliches.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The only thing I'll give Garrett is there is that he deserves credit for the team consistently showing up to play every week. The team wasn't intimidated by Seattle and didn't let NY become a trap game. Garrett is one of the worst playcallers ever but at least the team seems to buy his "process, stacking, get better in all 3 phases" cliches.
If Garrett stays in the HC circle and allows speci alist to adjust the game he will probably succeed. Hopefully he has learned the management technique of utilizing experts and how to benefit from it. A HC is nothing more than a manager. Let the line supervisors do their jobs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One game at a time...

I agree. I've never thought that Garrett was necessarily a bad walk around coach. He just isn't suited for running an offense or defense. This is the first year we have truly seen him act as just a walk around coach and the results have been excellent.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
One game at a time...

I agree. I've never thought that Garrett was necessarily a bad walk around coach. He just isn't suited for running an offense or defense. This is the first year we have truly seen him act as just a walk around coach and the results have been excellent.
When they first promoted him to HC I thought he needed an experienced OC like Norv Turner to call the plays and now after 3 years of futility we finally have one. Better late than never for Jerry I guess. My fear is still that Linehan will get a HC job and we won't bother replacing him because Jerry Jones will want Garrett to earn his extension by taking back control of the offense.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
When they first promoted him to HC I thought he needed an experienced OC like Norv Turner to call the plays and now after 3 years of futility we finally have one. Better late than never for Jerry I guess. My fear is still that Linehan will get a HC job and we won't bother replacing him because Jerry Jones will want Garrett to earn his extension by taking back control of the offense.
Let's hope Jerry throws a ton of money at him, and that the memory of his flame out in St. Louis is still fresh in his mind.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This makes no sense, Jerry was the main guy wanting him to give up play calling duties and reportedly had issues with him meddling last year with Callahan.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not getting into a debate about this.

I just find your comments amusing.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Hello Sterling Moore. Yeah, no.
I went back and watched the Rams game yesterday. Caliborne was awful. The pick at the end was nice but he was getting absolutely schooled prior to that. He lacks the speed to cover on an island, doesn't know how to redirect WRs and doesn't tackle well. He would need to improve significantly just to be a serviceable slot corner.

data

Forbes #1
just curious, why?
Cuz I was reading this thread about our prolific running game while getting ready for work and then thought, "I'd like to watch a dominating run performance."

There aren't more succinct videos of a dominating run performance with the highest stakes on the line.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But Garrett did have the right balance because he adjusted to his shoddy OL personnel.
Well, despite that, there were clearly times he's been to pass happy. In general, yes, this team couldn't have been a run heavy team.

data

Forbes #1
Well, despite that, there were clearly times he's been to pass happy. In general, yes, this team couldn't have been a run heavy team.
When was he too pass happy? Outside of a few games against Detroit and Green Bay, Garrett's called a top-producing offense for years.

Coupled with a shitty defense, I consider a 10-point lead going into the 4th quarter a tie game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I watched this video this morning getting ready for work...
I remember Big Nate just pulling and blocking mostly empty air carry after carry but it didn't matter because the rest of the OL and Emmitt were exerting their will. The Bills just couldn't match the intensity.

Top Bottom