2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The chemistry with this team is awesome. We haven't seen this type of chemistry and unity with a Cowboys team in a very very long time.

I love seeing Witten getting involved with those young guys and how excited they get when he participates. :lol :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION], you asked about a breakdown of our 3 man rush, so I asked Sturm if he would oblige. He liked the tweet, so I'm hoping that's a yes. :lol

I have to imagine we run more 3 man pass rushes then any other defense in the NFL. I know we already have like the lowest blitz rate of any NFL defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Anyone know if Christy has recently posted a vid?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cowboys can clinch home field next week, may be Romo time

Cowboys can clinch home field next week, may be Romo time

With Dak Prescott an MVP candidate, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is firmly planted on the bench. But there’s still a chance that Romo will get more playing time than Prescott for the rest of the season, even if Prescott stays healthy.

That’s because the Cowboys could be as little as one game away from clinching home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. If the Cowboys beat the Giants next week to improve to 12-1, and if they get some help in the form of losses from the other top teams in the NFC, they can have home-field advantage clinched with three games left in the season.

At that point, the Cowboys will have a decision to make: Keep their foot on the gas pedal, or rest their starters? If they choose the latter, that would mean putting Prescott on the sideline to keep him healthy, and putting Romo on the field.

Giving Romo some playing time would offer the Cowboys the opportunity to showcase him for a trade: If he plays well and stays healthy for the last few games of the season, he’d be attractive to teams looking for a veteran quarterback in the offseason.

But that will be a secondary consideration for the Cowboys, as the most important question will be the risk-reward of playing or pulling Prescott. Play him, and you risk injury. Pull him, and you risk that the rookie with the hot hand is rusty when the playoffs start.

That’s a tough decision, but it’s a decision the Cowboys will be happy to have.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Even if the Cowboys did clinch next week, I wouldn't start Romo until the finale at Philly.

Dak is the guy we're riding into the playoffs so the last thing I want in our most promising playoff setup since 2007 is a rusty and cold QB.

So for me, Dak would still start vs the Bucs and Lions, and maybe you give Romo some 2nd half snaps, but you don't start him until the finale.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Garret played his starters in 2014 so not sure he would change now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom