Music Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Alright, you two kiss and make up.

Translation: STFU and ignore each other.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The outrage is that I crushed nothing. I said she did well for a 12 year old and also said that is what catapulted her. I also said her song didn't have lyrics in the chorus but that was in the style of Phil Phillips and Taylor Swift. Where is the dream crushing?

You just took the opportunity to take a cheap shot which is your style because you are an agitator. So live with it.
It was not a cheap shot it was a joke.

A joke that is used all the time around here.

This is obvious to everybody but you, please stop this is embarrassing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like this much better than Hard Wired.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tip of the cap to Metallica...they did a great job building up hype for the album...slowly leaking music out until the day before release...then pushing out videos for every single song on the album a couple days before the release. They have been in a slump...Load, Reload, St Anger...dark days indeed. Shit, And Justice for All was not great either...so poorly produced. This new album though...oh it is fucking glorious. This feels closer to the Black Album...lots of big chunky guitar riffs and some outstanding solos by Hammett...the standout for Hammett is the final solo on Atlas, Rise.

Anyways...check it out with an open mind, it is very good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
God...this Metallica album is great. So many good songs and chunky riffs.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
And justice for all was great. This new stuff is just listless to me.
And Justice For All had great songs, but the production was shit for some reason.

New album is hit or miss for me. Songs like Atlas Rise and Halo on Fire are super meh to me.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

The new album from Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) "Awaken, My Love!" is not groundbreaking stuff, but it is a cool homage to 70s funk. This particular song smacks very strongly of Parliament. I like it. Worth checking out if you appreciate that style.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And Justice For All had great songs, but the production was shit for some reason.

New album is hit or miss for me. Songs like Atlas Rise and Halo on Fire are super meh to me.
I don't have a good ear for those things so the production doesn't bother me. Hell I never realized they turned the bass down til they said it.

dallen

Senior Tech

The new album from Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) "Awaken, My Love!" is not groundbreaking stuff, but it is a cool homage to 70s funk. This particular song might smacks very strongly of Parliament. I like it. Worth checking out if you appreciate that style.
I liked it a lot

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

The new album from Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) "Awaken, My Love!" is not groundbreaking stuff, but it is a cool homage to 70s funk. This particular song might smacks very strongly of Parliament. I like it. Worth checking out if you appreciate that style.
Ain't no party like a p-funk party.

Carp

DCC 4Life
And justice for all was great. This new stuff is just listless to me.
I get that...as I have listened to it more, the more I like it. I mean people point to And Justice for all, but that album is very overrated. It sounds like shit...and I don't need 11 minute songs.

One that is a grower for me is Atlas, Rise. The second solo on it...nothing flashy like that, but it is perfectly suited for that song. It is greatness.

This is James and Lars baby though...Hammet was left out of the process, which was lame.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I get that...as I have listened to it more, the more I like it. I mean people point to And Justice for all, but that album is very overrated. It sounds like shit...and I don't need 11 minute songs.

One that is a grower for me is Atlas, Rise. The second solo on it...nothing flashy like that, but it is perfectly suited for that song. It is greatness.

This is James and Lars baby though...Hammet was left out of the process, which was lame.
I have always been pretty meh on Metallica. They have had some stuff I have liked OK but it has been a long time since I have heard anything from them that interested me at all. I was at a party a couple weekends ago though and later in the night when there was just a handful of dudes left someone put their new album on. Have to say, I enjoyed it at that point in the night. Probably not something I am going to put into heavy rotation but I thought it was better than anything I have heard from them in a long time. The chunky riffs you mentioned in another post are really what carries it for me. I really like the song Hardwired. It sounds exactly like The Sword to me, which makes sense since The Sword was influenced by Metallica as much as they were by Sabbath (and they opened for Metallica on a world tour 5 or so years ago). The chorus lyrics to Hardwired are really cringey though. "We so fucked! Shit out of luck! Hardwired to self-destruct!". Awful, but it is metal and who gives a shit.

I have posted The Sword more than once in the past but probably not on this version of the board. If you like chunky riffs their album Age of Winters is something you may enjoy.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Metallica used to write brilliant, relevant songs like "Disposable Heroes".

Then they wrote an armor plated pop album with The Black Album, got rich, and just said fuck it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I see Sturgill Simpson is finally getting his due.

The greatest country artist out there now by a mile.

Like the Patriots organization to the rest of the league.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I see Sturgill Simpson is finally getting his due.

The greatest country artist out there now by a mile.

Like the Patriots organization to the rest of the league.
Definitely has a country voice. The band has a 70s metal flavor shaped to a country rock delivery. Not real familiar with most of his work.

Top Bottom