Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tecate!

:tippytoe

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There's a good reason why you must always drink Tecates with salt and lime...
Yeah, cause they are terrible.

Now Pacifico on the other hand. Yummeh.

junk

Not So New Member
Finally got my hands on Pliny the Elder. Lives up to the hype. An outstanding beer.

junk

Not So New Member
If you happen to be interested in trying some California beers that you might not be able to get in your area, check out this place:

http://www.bestdamnbeershop.com/

They'll ship beer (as long as your state allows it) and have a pretty great selection. It is a little spendy to ship, but the customer service from these guys is outstanding. The actual beer prices are fairly reasonable. They are based in San Diego. Modern Times, Alpine, Alesmith and Mother Earth all make some pretty great beers.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Finally got my hands on Pliny the Elder. Lives up to the hype. An outstanding beer.
It is delicious. I thought it was a bit overhyped but it is still one of the best beers beers I've ever had. It just wasn't the clear, no-doubter best beer I've ever had, which is kind of what I was expecting given how coveted it is.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If you happen to be interested in trying some California beers that you might not be able to get in your area, check out this place:

http://www.bestdamnbeershop.com/

They'll ship beer (as long as your state allows it) and have a pretty great selection. It is a little spendy to ship, but the customer service from these guys is outstanding. The actual beer prices are fairly reasonable. They are based in San Diego. Modern Times, Alpine, Alesmith and Mother Earth all make some pretty great beers.
I'm going to have to bookmark this site. I tried Drake's Aroma Coma at GABF a couple years ago and it was unbelievable. Can not get it in Texas at all. It is on that site but currently sold out. I will be checking back because I want to get my hands on some of that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm going to have to bookmark this site. I tried Drake's Aroma Coma at GABF a couple years ago and it was unbelievable. Can not get it in Texas at all. It is on that site but currently sold out. I will be checking back because I want to get my hands on some of that.
You can't ship beer wine or liquor into Texas. :budd

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You can't ship beer wine or liquor into Texas. :budd
Son of a bitch. {deletes bookmark}

I have received it in the mail from my sister and a couple friends but I guess I've never ordered it from a company like this before. Damn you, Texas! :angry

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Son of a bitch. {deletes bookmark}

I have received it in the mail from my sister and a couple friends but I guess I've never ordered it from a company like this before. Damn you, Texas! :angry
Yeah, since we don't have customs inspections between states you'll never get caught if it's a private person shipping you things, but businesses can't.

townsend

Banned
Really loving Rahr & Sons Ugly Pug. Texas beer has gotten really good in the last decade.

As far as Cali beers go, I've started drinking a lot of Sierra Nevada's Nooner Pilsner. Good as hell.

vince

Not So New Member

Finally got my hands on these puppies. Do you guys recommend aging it like I've heard some people recommend?

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Finally got my hands on these puppies. Do you guys recommend aging it like I've heard some people recommend?
I had 3 and I drank one right away, let one go for 3 months, let another age for six. Didn't seem to make much difference. Just have it cold, otherwise the high ABV will bite your tongue and the flavor will seem off.

vince

Not So New Member
I had 3 and I drank one right away, let one go for 3 months, let another age for six. Didn't seem to make much difference. Just have it cold, otherwise the high ABV will bite your tongue and the flavor will seem off.
Really. Hmm. Good info. I think I'll pop one open for the game later.

Top Bottom