Golf Thread

D

Deuce

I love the Ryder Cup. We're up right now but it's shaping up to be a rough afternoon. Probably be down going into tomorrow.

This young French player is interesting. The European team always brings someone that I've never heard of and they play well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Finally watched the Arnold Palmer documentary on Golf Channel. so interesting. Not sure if this is the norm for athletes, but evidently, he writes back to every letter he receives and every request he gets for a signed photo etc; and spends in excess of $100k per year in postage. Not sure if anyone has ever said a bad word about him, other than carp obviously.
Wut?

Yeah...I am known for my constant Arnold Palmer bashing. :lol

Carl

RIP Brother
Europe wins again, deservedly so. That's 8 of 10.

Though as @danjenkinsgd said; this will be quite the celebration for the Europeans when they all get back home to Florida.

Carl

RIP Brother
So the US team, all 11 of them flew to Scotland together; Phil took his private jet. Team Player!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, you don't understand the simplest dynamic of team sports. Fine.
Yes I do but you don't know all the circumstances. Possibly the individuals schedule didn't allow them the opportunity to travel with the others. You assume he was being aloof intentionally.

D

Deuce

4 days out of every two years.

Yeah, when I think of golf, I think of team sports.
Well, there's the President's Cup in the other years.

Either way, I would never expect golfers to be big on teamwork. If Tiger was there, you can bet he wouldn't have been living it up on the team plane.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Every year, I play in a 4 man scramble tournament.

I don't take a private jet to the course, because I'm all about teamwork. :fistpump

Carl

RIP Brother
Yes I do but you don't know all the circumstances. Possibly the individuals schedule didn't allow them the opportunity to travel with the others. You assume he was being aloof intentionally.
Fine, though the schedule is set about 6 years in advance.

Carl

RIP Brother
4 days out of the year it's a team sport. Otherwise, it's not even close.
Deuce, you know what I am saying. Its a chance for the two teams to bond as such, if 11 of the 12 go one way, and their "leader" goes another, then, what's the point.

Carl

RIP Brother
Tiger with the 82. Too early to write him off; I think he wins more majors, but maybe only more in total. That's my prediction. Meanwhile, Rory going strong.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Tiger with the 82. Too early to write him off; I think he wins more majors, but maybe only more in total. That's my prediction. Meanwhile, Rory going strong.
I thinh Woods has more problems than the golf game.

Carl

RIP Brother
I meant to post this earlier, but have the hiccups; that young Brooks Koepka is a very impressive golfer.

Top Bottom