Jerry Jones thinks Dallas may be overlooked as a contender

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT

When you list the playoff contenders, don’t overlook the Cowboys.

That’s the word from the team’s owner and G.M., Jerry Jones, who said on his weekly radio show on KRLD that people who discount the Cowboys’ playoff chances do so at their peril.

“I think we’ve shown some things that would cause you to hold in discounting us,” Jones said, via the Star-Telegram. “That’s an awkward way of saying that we should be looked at out of the corner of peoples’ eye. We’ve got to do it, though. We’ve got to put it together, with putting the right people on the field as it relates to injury, and that’s happening for us. We could have [Henry] Melton out there this weekend. We could have [Rolando] McClain out there this weekend. We could have [Tyrone] Crawford moving over as the No. 3 tackle, and then moving out to end. Why? Because Anthony Spencer is going to be out there taking some snaps. Now that’s serious stuff.

“Get [Justin] Durant back in there, get [Rolando] McClain back at linebacker. Now, all of a sudden we’ve got about three or four players out there that arguably are the best defensive players that we hadn’t had the last two or three games. That’s a big deal. And if we’re that, then I think [Tony] Romo’s certainly getting his timing down. I like the experience our offensive line is getting and has gotten in these three games. Yes. Yeah. We need to be glanced at over here.”

If the Cowboys beat the Saints on Sunday night, they’ll be 3-1 and no one will overlook them. But if the Cowboys lose, it will be easy to dismiss them as anything other than a quarter of the way to their fourth straight 8-8 finish.

Optimistic infection strikes again

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck, you knew it was coming. He had been keeping his optimistic yap shut up until now, but he just can't help himself. It's cool, though, because Brees and Graham will shut his piehole soon enough.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fuck, you knew it was coming. He had been keeping his optimistic yap shut up until now, but he just can't help himself. It's cool, though, because Brees and Graham will shut his piehole soon enough.
The crazy old man who cries Superbowl every year will not be silenced!!
:jerry

Stars

DCC 4Life
I can't even understand what his demented brain is rambling about. It's like 4 different incomplete sentences all put together. Words words words words uhm uhm uhm wink wink lip smack. What a joke.

Can't wait to hear his incoherent musings after N.O. hangs 50 on us.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...this is something to get super mad about. :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:lol

Let's see if he is still saying this when the Saints roll up 40+ points on that defense in their own house this week.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He forgot to mention how great it's gonna be to have a re-focused Morris Claiborne on the field.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He forgot to mention how great it's gonna be to have a re-focused Morris Claiborne on the field.
It may seem far fetched but it's a possibility that Clairborne could have looked in the mirror after his little crazy spell.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It may seem far fetched but it's a possibility that Clairborne could have looked in the mirror after his little crazy spell.
I heard he borrowed Jerry's mirror

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sorry. Don't understand that logic just because Jones has his usual diarrhea mouth.
First off, it's not literal. Nothing that bag of ass does will make me cheer against Dallas.

But the look on Jerral's face and the comeuppance about Dallas' contending chances after a humiliating loss would be a nice silver lining.

Top Bottom