The Great Police Work Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems like in the bb gun in walmart case the something should be done to the lying bitch who called 9-1-1 and basically said that Newtown Massacre 2 Electric Boogaloo was about to kick off, just because he didn't like the look of a random black guy in the store.
That was what I was alluding to earlier. It's hard to say how the first wave was briefed.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That was what I was alluding to earlier. It's hard to say how the first wave was briefed.
The cops still overreacted. They still could have given him a chance to surrender. They went in on him with no intention of even trying to take him alive.

townsend

Banned
I would agree. Although to seek change in the recurring problems of police brutality is to challenge the culture of police departments, and perhaps even the people recruited to serve. The fact that most of this can be brought back to extremely poor accountability on the part of our boys (and boys with vaginas) in blue, means that they've at least lost face and much of the good will they had built up by wearing the same uniforms as 9-11 first responders a decade ago.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would agree. Although to seek change in the recurring problems of police brutality is to challenge the culture of police departments, and perhaps even the people recruited to serve. The fact that most of this can be brought back to extremely poor accountability on the part of our boys (and boys with vaginas) in blue, means that they've at least lost face and much of the good will they had built up by wearing the same uniforms as 9-11 first responders a decade ago.
That is the problem with cops. They are like aggie cadets. They wear fake military uniforms and pretend they go into combat to protect us and want to have their asses kissed and be called heroes. They don't protect anyone from anything. They go into traffic to write tickets to collect money and if they ever help anyone ever it's so far outside their job descriptions that they might as well have been doing it on their own time. Most of them were not in NY on 9-11, but they sure as fuck all want credit for it and the right to kill anyone they want to without even the slightest oversight. Because they stand for America against Terrorists in spite of the damned US Constitution that they are sworn never to uphold under any circumstances that might be inconvenient.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is the problem with cops. They are like aggie cadets. They wear fake military uniforms and pretend they go into combat to protect us and want to have their asses kissed and be called heroes. They don't protect anyone from anything. They go into traffic to write tickets to collect money and if they ever help anyone ever it's so far outside their job descriptions that they might as well have been doing it on their own time. Most of them were not in NY on 9-11, but they sure as fuck all want credit for it and the right to kill anyone they want to without even the slightest oversight. Because they stand for America against Terrorists in spite of the damned US Constitution that they are sworn never to uphold under any circumstances that might be inconvenient.
Got Rant? :art

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nice shot...however currently around 48% go on to serve and about 10% have served already and are there on the GI bill but please continue

jeebs

Brand New Member
Nice shot...however currently around 48% go on to serve and about 10% have served already and are there on the GI bill but please continue
Lol, you are mad at the cadet swipe? Okay, I can see that.

I think his point was more that no one is expected to cow down to cadets.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Did I say it wasn't a problem? It is, but 5% of the cops is what causes 95% of the problems.
In reality the numbers are likely far less. It's more like 1-2% cause most of the problem.

I stated that it was a problem and you came back with a "let's not paint with a broad brush".

I don't really care what the percentages are. There are too many incidents of police gunning down unarmed people. It is a problem.
You're right in the sense that any person unnecessarily harmed is too many, but given the number of incidents we deal with every single day and night, I'm honestly surprised at the restraint the majority of officers show and the fact that more people aren't shot. Think I'm BS'ing, go ride in with your local police force on a few midnight shifts and see what I'm talking about.

Clay, you and I have had discussions before and I don't know what department you've been dealing with, but this is bullSh$t. I've told you before I wouldn't want your job in a million years, but don't paint my career choice with such a broad brush either. There are more than 500K cops just in local departments and again, you're talking about less than 1% who don't need badges. Quit sounding like such a moron.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
In reality the numbers are likely far less. It's more like 1-2% cause most of the problem.

You're right in the sense that any person unnecessarily harmed is too many, but given the number of incidents we deal with every single day and night, I'm honestly surprised at the restraint the majority of officers show and the fact that more people aren't shot. Think I'm BS'ing, go ride in with your local police force on a few midnight shifts and see what I'm talking about.

Clay, you and I have had discussions before and I don't know what department you've been dealing with, but this is bullSh$t. I've told you before I wouldn't want your job in a million years, but don't paint my career choice with such a broad brush either. There are more than 500K cops just in local departments and again, you're talking about less than 1% who don't need badges. Quit sounding like such a moron.
The incidents where the cops act like morons and go off half cocked and kill people just keep piling up. Policing in the USA has become insanely violent in the last 15 years. We don't need 50,000+ SWAT raids a year when we had less than a tenth of that when you first started. Since 9/11 in the US cops have been trained to act like soldiers and treat US citizens like terrorists and someone needs to get these new cops to tap the brakes and start treating people like they haven't been convicted of a crime yet. The police dept I grew up with in Abilene, TX was full of grown up, mature cops but they have all retired. Too many police departments have replaced them with trigger happy 20 year old kids who jump at shadows and draw their guns when someone reaches for their ID. No, I don't think it's 1% that are dangerously undertrained and probably too young and immature for the responsibility. I'd guess it's more like 10% and that's exacerbated by suiting them up in SWAT gear and sending them in with AR-15s on misdemeanor cases.

townsend

Banned
I call bullshit on 1%. If this was an active minority I wouldn't be seeing cops from Ferguson all pointing guns at unarmed civilians. There wouldn't be departments protecting their own, there wouldn't be prosecutors letting cops murder people and go home at night. It's a cultural problem which means 100% of the cops are a part of perpetuating that.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I call bullshit on 1%. If this was an active minority I wouldn't be seeing cops from Ferguson all pointing guns at unarmed civilians. There wouldn't be departments protecting their own, there wouldn't be prosecutors letting cops murder people and go home at night. It's a cultural problem which means 100% of the cops are a part of perpetuating that.
You can call BS all you like, but 1% of 500K is still 5000 officers, and even if that were a completely accurate number that's a lot of officers causing problems for citizens and giving the rest of us a bad rap from folks like you. Most modern departments realize you can't protect folk who cause these kinds of problems. The liability and the damage to reputations if far too costly. Prosecutors understand the risk as well so your blanket statement here is no different than saying all doctors and hospitals are bad because a few of them take drugs and operate when they shouldn't. And none of us yet know what actually happened in Ferguson and the problem is the departments because they won't complete their investigation and make a statement about it one way or other. But the citizens there aren't helping their own cause either.

The incidents where the cops act like morons and go off half cocked and kill people just keep piling up. Policing in the USA has become insanely violent in the last 15 years. We don't need 50,000+ SWAT raids a year when we had less than a tenth of that when you first started. Since 9/11 in the US cops have been trained to act like soldiers and treat US citizens like terrorists and someone needs to get these new cops to tap the brakes and start treating people like they haven't been convicted of a crime yet. The police dept I grew up with in Abilene, TX was full of grown up, mature cops but they have all retired. Too many police departments have replaced them with trigger happy 20 year old kids who jump at shadows and draw their guns when someone reaches for their ID. No, I don't think it's 1% that are dangerously undertrained and probably too young and immature for the responsibility. I'd guess it's more like 10% and that's exacerbated by suiting them up in SWAT gear and sending them in with AR-15s on misdemeanor cases.
I'll agree with you departments are losing many mature officers to retirement and other jobs, but not that they are getting replaced with unqualified folk. As I've told you before there are bad folk in any field that get through the cracks and there are many reasons that happens. I disagree with your guess as to the number of unqualified officers. Even if the number is somewhere closer to 5% than my 1 or your 10 that is still a large number of officers that don't need to be. But even at 5% it isn't fair to paint us all with the same brush because we want them gone to. I promise you not once have I ever gone to work saying I hope I get to shoot someone today with any of my guns and I bet the number of officers that have said that in the past 20 is less than 10. There is psychotic in all walks of life.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'll agree with you departments are losing many mature officers to retirement and other jobs, but not that they are getting replaced with unqualified folk. As I've told you before there are bad folk in any field that get through the cracks and there are many reasons that happens. I disagree with your guess as to the number of unqualified officers. Even if the number is somewhere closer to 5% than my 1 or your 10 that is still a large number of officers that don't need to be. But even at 5% it isn't fair to paint us all with the same brush because we want them gone to. I promise you not once have I ever gone to work saying I hope I get to shoot someone today with any of my guns and I bet the number of officers that have said that in the past 20 is less than 10. There is psychotic in all walks of life.
You probably also don't think every wallet or cell phone is a gun either. I still wonder about the vets who have told me they catch themselves scanning for IEDs by the side of the road even though they are home in the USA. Then I wonder how many new police hires are doing the same thing with a gun in their hand because they got the job fresh off the end of an enlistment. I don't think all of the cops doing these things are assholes, they are just paranoid as hell and shooting at shadows. Then the department puts them in military SWAT gear and the go in hot with AR-15s at the ready to bust criminals for things like business licensing violations and misdemeanor amounts of weed. It's a wonder police only have 600 bad shootings a year instead of 6000.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Cops are scared of the public, how can they protect it? All they can be is a threat.

I have never seen a group more scared, despite the fact they are a far great danger to the public then the other way around.

Gives cops their way and we would be fucking Brazil.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm done with this thread. You all have fun.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Some of you guys are just way too overboard from reality to actually converse with. Your mind is made up and you can't be even slightly convinced otherwise. I'm truly sorry you feel that way about police and wish I could put your mind more at ease. Enjoy your fear and paranoia boys I'm done with this one as well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Some of you guys are just way too overboard from reality to actually converse with. Your mind is made up and you can't be even slightly convinced otherwise. I'm truly sorry you feel that way about police and wish I could put your mind more at ease. Enjoy your fear and paranoia boys I'm done with this one as well.
So What is your take on the Walmart shooting in Ohio should that cop be charged?

Top Bottom