NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dwight Howard is playing some damn good ball for the Rockets.

I know he catches shit for not being a better offensive player and not having a more well rounded game like centers of the past, but the guy is a good center and he's been everything the Rockets could have hoped for.

They're going to be a fun team to watch in the playoffs.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I can't see the Sixers winning another game this year with the players they have remaining on their roster.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can't see the Sixers winning another game this year with the players they have remaining on their roster.
Ownership should give fans a steep discount for having to put up with this garbage.

I damn sure wouldn't spend $100 to watch a team tank with a bunch of D-league talent. The prices should be slashed significantly and season ticket holders who paid in advance should be compensated in some fashion; that could be partial refunds, gift certificates, additional access to players, etc.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Ownership should give fans a steep discount for having to put up with this garbage.

I damn sure wouldn't spend $100 to watch a team tank with a bunch of D-league talent. The prices should be slashed significantly and season ticket holders who paid in advance should be compensated in some fashion; that could be partial refunds, gift certificates, additional access to players, etc.
Or give the season ticket holders this year a nice deal next year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Again, I'm not comparing the two, but you could see that for Lebron in High School? His passing off drives? When he drove he either just overpowered kids or if he was triple teamed kicked it out to a teammate. Wiggins looks fluid enough in his HS clips, pretty good ball handling. Lebron just physically matured earlier than Wiggins will. I really think Self's system is holding him back a bit which might be better for the team. I expect Wiggins to turn it up a notch come tourney time. Lebron is a once every twenty year player and I don't expect Wiggins to be that, but a perennial All-Star is not out of the question though so I guess we agree.
Uh Lebron did everything he did in high school as a rookie in the NBA so yeah you could see his skillset back then and compare it to Wiggins.

The biggest difference between the 2 at that age IMO is that Lebron imposed his will on other teams Wiggins just kind of floats around and becomes invisible.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dwight Howard is playing some damn good ball for the Rockets.

I know he catches shit for not being a better offensive player and not having a more well rounded game like centers of the past, but the guy is a good center and he's been everything the Rockets could have hoped for.

They're going to be a fun team to watch in the playoffs.
That's why I never freaked out when he got off to a slow start, the rockets don't need him to be a dominant scorer just somebody the other team has to account for as a low post threat.

With that said he looks much more explosive now, and they are getting plenty of easy lob type baskets which makes everything else easier in the half court.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls

Reports Carmelo Anthony could sign with the Chicago Bulls this offseason are nothing new. Even Melo has stoked the flames of the rumors.

But most published work on the subject has focused on where Melo desires to play.

Sure, by trading Luol Deng for Andrew Bynum and draft picks, the Bulls signaled a greater interest in 2014 free agency. There just haven’t been as concrete reports they wanted Melo.

Until now.

Over All-Star weekend, I’m told by a person with knowledge of the conversation, that Joakim Noah recruited Carmelo.

Now, you’ll probably hear denials out of Chicago if they talk about it, because it would be tampering, officially.

But I’m told that Joakim said to Melo, “Look, you can go to Los Angeles. But if you want to win a ring, if you want your legacy to be about winning, come to Chicago.”

Melo, I’m told, said, “Look, I’ve been watching you guys. I admire how hard you play. I admire how hungry you are. Oh, and by the way, my son’s favorite player: Derrick Rose.”

Perhaps, Noah was acting on his own, but that would surprise me. I would think he’d know the Bulls have an interest – if not a full-blown desire – in signing Melo.

So, he reportedly took steps to help make that more plausible if the Bulls want to go that route.

Legal steps?

By the letter of the law, no. By precedent, absolutely.

The NBA inconsistently punishes teams for tampering, so who knows what the league would do if it found these Noah-Melo conversations took place? Most likely, the NBA won’t want to find anything and won’t investigate.

But if the NBA confirmed Broussard’s report and punished the Bulls, it would be a complete injustice. How is this any different than Chandler Parsons texting Dwight Howard daily before free agency began last summer?

Assuming the Bulls stay clear of the league office, they must clear even bigger obstacles to get Melo. They’d likely have to amnesty Carlos Boozer and trade Taj Gibson – unless they can convince Melo to accept less than a max contract.

Joakim Noah might be convincing, but I doubt he’s that convincing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If Carmelo really wants to win the Rockets are the best team for him, its his best chance to win going forward.

I don't really want Carmelo I just thought its time I start saying that about any free agents.:lol

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls are tailor-made for Melo to step in and do what he does best while fitting into the overall team concept. He even has one of the best wing defenders in the league already there so that he doesn't have to guard guys like LeBron and Durant in a 7 game series.

If he chooses to stay in New York it's because he is a career loser who would rather take the extra money than go all out for a ring, and if he has a brain in his head he forces the Knicks to S+T him to Chicago, which is a win-win for both sides honestly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think he would be an excellent fit in Chicago and would like to see it happen.

I get the feeling that basketball isn't his #1 priority. Whether that's due to his own aspirations or those of his wife, I just don't see him going to a place like Milwaukee (hypothetically speaking) regardless of how good they might be.....but we'll see.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think he would be an excellent fit in Chicago and would like to see it happen.

I get the feeling that basketball isn't his #1 priority. Whether that's due to his own aspirations or those of his wife, I just don't see him going to a place like Milwaukee (hypothetically speaking) regardless of how good they might be.....but we'll see.
Yea we'll see, if he chooses to stay in New York it will basically cement him as a guy who doesn't care about winning. And not necessarily that he has to go to Chicago, but he has no chance of winning anything in New York unless Jesus Christ himself comes down from Heaven, touches Kevin Love and Kevin Durant on the shoulder and tells them to go to the Knicks.

Even though I thought the 3 dipshits in Miami were taking the bitch way out a few years ago I still thought it was impressive that they all agreed to take less money in the pursuit of a title.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not like I'm saying anything you guys didn't already know, but man these Lakers are disgraceful.

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol 3 dipshits in Miami...meanwhile you are begging FAs to Chicago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't hold anything against Miami anymore, I always liked Wade and now that LeBron stopped acting like a bitch I certainly respect, if not like him as a player now. I still think what they did during that free agency period was a joke and the fact that LeBron had to collude to join with two top 15 players while leaving a team that had the best record in the NBA (and perhaps quit on his team in the playoffs against Boston) is a black mark on his legacy, but all in all, I don't really mind them anymore and may actually root for them against Indiana.

And yea, I'm definitely begging free agents, Carmelo and I are boys and converse about him going to Chicago on a daily basis, I was also the one who started this topic of conversation by posting the ESPN blurb a few pages back, makes perfect sense. Good to see your obsession with me in this thread is still alive and well though.

D

Deuce

Further convinces Melo that taking less money to win a title is a good idea.
No it won't. If Indy runs through Miami and wins the title, Melo is still going to understand the Knicks are a long way off from winning.

That said, no NY player is taking $30M less to play somewhere other than for the Knicks.

Nuh uh, nope, not gonna happen.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No it won't. If Indy runs through Miami and wins the title, Melo is still going to understand the Knicks are a long way off from winning.

That said, no NY player is taking $30M less to play somewhere other than for the Knicks.

Nuh uh, nope, not gonna happen.
Maybe, maybe not, the Bulls will be fine either way.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If getting Melo means having to trade Taj and the first round picks, and not bring over Mirotic (or worse, trade him too), I'm not in favor.

I view those picks as Jimmy Butlers in the bag. I know, it could also be Marquis Teague, but this draft is so deep, and the Bulls have shown such a penchant for turning those late picks into players, I'm kinda assuming that they will get at least one, but more likely 2, decent role players, maybe even 2 decent starting level players, out of those picks.

Also considering the type of guys likely to be available, those players are likely going to be hard-to-outright-bust bigs like Willie Caulie Stein, or they will be excellent outside shooting wingers which we desperately need.

I would rather amnesty Boozer and have 12 million to spend on Mirotic and another free agent like Stephenson or Gasol, than give it all to Melo plus lose the picks and Taj and Boozer and not be able to bring over Mirotic. It's like a 5-6 player swing if you have to find 18 million for Melo, plus trade 2 picks, versus if you keep Taj, sign a guy like Gasol for 6-7 million, give Mirotic the MLE, and have your picks, plus a couple bucks to throw at low level backups like Augustin.

I posted before.... but think about this roster in Chicago.

Derrick Rose / DJ Augustin / Kirk Hinrich (back on a min deal)
Jimmy Butler / Nick Stauskas (or James Young or Zack LaVine)*
Rodney Hood* / Mike Dunleavy Jr / Tony Snell
Taj Gibson / Nikola Mirotic*
Joakim Noah / Pau Gasol*

I like that roster a lot better than

Derrick Rose / Kirk Hinrich
Jimmy Butler / Tony Snell
Mike Dunleavy / Tony Snell
Carmelo Anthony* / Erik Murphy
Joakim Noah / Nazr Mohammed

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think there is any way we lose Gibson and the picks for Melo, it's one or the other. Either we get rid of Gibson to clear space to outright sign Melo and keep the picks or we trade the picks and other spare parts to the Knicks as part of a S+T while keeping Gibson.

I agree though, I'm not willing to sign Melo while losing Gibson, the picks and Mirotic.

Top Bottom