2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
From what I've read recently, there's a chance we wouldn't have to trade up from #34 for Lynch, which would work for me.
The crazy part is that Dallas may have to trade into the 1st round to pick Lynch even if they know he'll be there at #34.

One reason, you get that 5th year option. Otherwise it's just 4 years.

So it could be conceivable they trade from 34 knowing full well Lynch will be there, only for fear of contract length etc vs fear of another team taking Lynch

That's kind of crazy to think about, but could happen

Jiggyfly

Banned

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Former NFL executive Greg Gabriel claims the "feeling" around the NFL is the Cowboys will select Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott.

"The head coach is pushing hard for that pick," Gabriel claims. We think it sounds more like a Jerry Jones pick, selecting the splash player who will post production despite last year's average running backs look at least adequate behind the Cowboys' line. All along it has been assumed the Cowboys' top prospect is Jalen Ramsey, but the Cowboys have been known to pull an audible on draft day despite what the board tells them.

:shrug

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah that has been the knock on Stanley throughout this process.
The odd thing is, Kelly brought along his longtime, evidently "highly touted" S&C guy but a lot of the players seem to lack strength. I get the feeling he trains more for speed and agility than power. We Dallas fans know that S&C can be an issue.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:tippytoe

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Former NFL executive Greg Gabriel claims the "feeling" around the NFL is the Cowboys will select Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott.

"The head coach is pushing hard for that pick," Gabriel claims. We think it sounds more like a Jerry Jones pick, selecting the splash player who will post production despite last year's average running backs look at least adequate behind the Cowboys' line. All along it has been assumed the Cowboys' top prospect is Jalen Ramsey, but the Cowboys have been known to pull an audible on draft day despite what the board tells them.

:shrug
So the goal at RB is adequate? What about a fucking superstar behind that line?

Ramsey will probably be a decent enough player this year. He'll probably have the same impact as Jones did, but with a much higher draft price. Zeke comes in and is a massive upgrade at the position.

Cotton

Staff member

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
I'd be interested in discussing ways we all plan to punish ourselves at the close of tonight's draft.

I plan on heading down to the ghetto boulevard, finding some stinky fish pussy... And burying my face in it.

As punishment for what Dallas just did to me.

But that's just me.:shrug

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Part of that was a freshman being thrown to the wolves on a god awful team. I don't blame Goff for that. He helped turn the program around while he was there.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
God, I don't know why they would put her on radio. Hot chick who doesn't know football a lick. Seems backwards to put on radio... Now if she wants to shout out Zeke in my bedroom, I'll let her do it all night long.
Is your name Ezekiel?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Could be that they are just holding out in case something better comes along and that the deal will consummate when the Chargers are on the clock. I mean why wouldn't it? Either way you get Stanley. So do you want Stanley + draft pick or just Stanley. Seems like any draft pick would be better then no draft pick. Plus the contract on Stanley would be less.
That #3 pick becomes platinum if for some odd reason Rams & Eagles don't both take a QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be interested in discussing ways we all plan to punish ourselves at the close of tonight's draft.

I plan on heading down to the ghetto boulevard, finding some stinky fish pussy... And burying my face in it.

As punishment for what Dallas just did to me.

But that's just me.:shrug
I like the cut of this guys jib.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
"Dallas coaches and scouts are pushing hard for Elliott, and have been for quite some time. However, Jerry Jones has pivoted in recent days due to suspensions on the defensive line. It appears a trade back is now off the table as Jerry has locked in on Rankins. Although coaches and scouts may not agree, it appears that Rankins will be the Cowboys pick at #4."

Wow

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
"Dallas coaches and scouts are pushing hard for Elliott, and have been for quite some time. However, Jerry Jones has pivoted in recent days due to suspensions on the defensive line. It appears a trade back is now off the table as Jerry has locked in on Rankins. Although coaches and scouts may not agree, it appears that Rankins will be the Cowboys pick at #4."

Wow
Where did you see that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Wow
I don't believe it but I would love it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Wow
I would shit my pants Friday morning at work just thinking about it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd prefer Rankins to Ramsey honestly but I have no clue why we wouldn't trade down first and see who was available in the 8-15 range.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Wow
Source or GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom