Scouting Combine Chatter...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Chris Smith, Kareem Martin, Marcus Smith, Scott Crichton and Trent Murphy are all rock solid DE prospects in the 2nd-3rd, I'd be more than happy if we went Donald in the 1st and one of them in the 2nd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chris Smith, Kareem Martin, Marcus Smith, Scott Crichton and Trent Murphy are all rock solid DE prospects in the 2nd-3rd, I'd be more than happy if we went Donald in the 1st and one of them in the 2nd.
Trent Murphy is a ginger. I have an issue with that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Murphy is likely to be a first rounder with this combine performance. If you got him in the late first after a trade down, like Frederick, I think you would have to be happy with that. Ginger or not.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Crichton would be the one I want. He reminds me of Chris Canty a bit, but faster and a better pass rusher. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in the first though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dennard and Gilbert ran good times. Hopefully both get blown up into the top fifteen and push guys down.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Crichton would be the one I want. He reminds me of Chris Canty a bit, but faster and a better pass rusher. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in the first though.
Kareem Martin is a guy I really like who I think Marinelli could turn into a star. He's around 6-5 to 6-6 and 270, he put up 20 TFL and 11 sacks last year, and I think about 15 TFL and 5 sacks the year before. He's raw but he has talent and I think Marinelli could harness that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Justin Gilbert is a guy that I think goes before we pick, luckily. Two sub-4.4 times, 6-0, 200 so he has the size teams covet nowadays and he had 7 picks this past year, I think he's damn near a lock to go before 16.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thank god Joyner ran only a good not great 40. Pryor measured two inches shorter than listed and ran a 4.63.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Justin Gilbert is a guy that I think goes before we pick, luckily. Two sub-4.4 times, 6-0, 200 so he has the size teams covet nowadays and he had 7 picks this past year, I think he's damn near a lock to go before 16.
He is the belle of the ball now for corner whores.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dude, don't say that. Scandrick will be gone in a year or two. WE NEED A REPLACEMENT READY!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jason Verrett out of TCU has really improved his stock today. He's impressed in all of his drills/workouts.

The guy had solid ball awareness in his college career, so he's a guy who I think has a good chance to make a solid nickel corner in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The graphic on NFLN just showed the teams with a need at CB.

And of course the Cowboys were listed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Verrett was excellent today and might have just got himself into the top 15....he was that good.

I like kid a lot, but I don't know what it is, but I just don't know if he's built to be a full time cover man outside.

I see him more as a great slot guy and I think he'd be excellent in a cover 2 because of how good of a tackler he is. That's not to say he can't be a good outside corner, just my opinion on what I think he's best suited for.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The graphic on NFLN just showed the teams with a need at CB.

And of course the Cowboys were listed.
I saw that nonsense too.

I made a joke a few years ago on how no matter what our situation is at CB, all of these scouting sites always say we need corner....it never fails.

WTF?

Safety is a much greater need than corner as is guard, anything along the D-line, and even LB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dude, don't say that. Scandrick will be gone in a year or two. WE NEED A REPLACEMENT READY!
What's really sad is we do have this mentality with DBs and TEs, just not with the most important position on the field at QB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

This skit with Rich Eisen where he's gonna run the 40 is actually pretty good.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Verrett was excellent today and might have just got himself into the top 15....he was that good.

I like kid a lot, but I don't know what it is, but I just don't know if he's built to be a full time cover man outside.

I see him more as a great slot guy and I think he'd be excellent in a cover 2 because of how good of a tackler he is. That's not to say he can't be a good outside corner, just my opinion on what I think he's best suited for.
He is a very good player. He oozes confidence and is a hawk.

Top Bottom