Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Unless this is for a QB, it is way too much. Even if it is for a QB, that's a shit ton of high picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Eagles will give up their first-round pick (eighth overall), their third (77th) and fourth (100th), along with their 2017 first-rounder and their 2018 second-rounder.
Ok, yeah I think that's probably more then I would have wanted the Cowboys to give up. I wonder if another team jumped in with an offer that caused the Eagles to pay more and for the deal to be finalized now instead of waiting until the draft. Kind of crazy for the Eagles to move up without even knowing who will be there with the second pick.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It would be glorious if they want Wentz and the Rams take him afterall and they take Tunsil since they don't like Goff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
New plan: trade down for Lynch or Elliot. Anything but Ramsey.
I'd trade down for Lynch or Rankins. But otherwise I agree. And honestly not very far down because I don't trust these QB crazy teams. Hell the Browns may turn around and take Lynch at 8. Now wouldn't that be an interesting move on their part.

dallen

Senior Tech
Too steep for me.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The premium for QBs is just so huge. And teams pay it, because if you don't have one, you are hopeless.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Please, Rams. Take Carson Wentz. PLEASE!!!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's about what I expected them to pay, if he's an MVP type of QB then it's a great move, if not, they'll suffer for it. At the end of the day Wentz is still developmental to an extent, I was ok with that at 4, or even in an inexpensive trade up because we have the perfect situation to let a QB develop, the Eagles do not. Once Bradford sucks and they are out of playoff contention in Week 10 they will throw Wentz out there and it's possible that he gets ruined.

The guy has alot of physical tools that look great and are enticing as far as what you want to develop, not to mention his work ethic, but the fact of the matter is that the guy doesn't do the little things that great QB's do. His footwork in the pocket is very inconsistent and he stares down targets, he also takes big, direct hits and isn't great at going through progressions. If he is thrown out there too soon and doesn't get a chance to develop those skills you risk ruining him.

I don't think he will bust but I think he will be closer to Flacco than Luck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only thing I will say though is that if Wentz does turn out to be an MVP type of QB, it will be the biggest mistake in Cowboys history, aside from idiot not doing whatever he could to retain Jimmy. We had the guy for a week at the Senior Bowl and the cost to move up to 2 would've been less than the Eagles paid, if he does indeed end up being that type of talent that will be a mis-evaluation of epic proportions.

I don't think it will happen but still.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The only thing I will say though is that if Wentz does turn out to be an MVP type of QB, it will be the biggest mistake in Cowboys history, aside from idiot not doing whatever he could to retain Jimmy. We had the guy for a week at the Senior Bowl and the cost to move up to 2 would've been less than the Eagles paid, if he does indeed end up being that type of talent that will be a mis-evaluation of epic proportions.
Without a doubt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it all starts with our misevaluation of Romo. It has prevented Dallas from feeling the desperation that they should be feeling picking at 4.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would definitely take 15, 43 and 45 from the Titans now to move down. Maybe Lynch or Elliot makes it that far.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Damn. That's nice. Plus the extra 1st and second rounders in the next drafts.

Too bad it's Cleveland, and they'll just piss them all away in the factory of sadness.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So the real question is will our idiotic front office be able to tell that Dak sucks by the 2018 draft when Josh Rosen becomes available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom