Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Playing across from Chris Carter didn't hurt him much.

Also, no. He was not as good as Jerry Rice. Sorry.
He probably wasn't better but in his first four years he accomplished more and as they say..........I t is what it is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Moss was not as good as Jerry Rice. No WR is close to him.
Moss was pretty freaking good. It might be debatable that in some categories he was superior to Rice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Moss was pretty freaking good. It might be debatable that in some categories he was superior to Rice.
Yeah I think Moss was better at separating and going after the long ball. I also think he was better at going up for the ball simply because of his height and jumping ability.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think it's debatable at all that Moss was the better deep threat. But as for a complete WR, I'd take Jerry Rice every time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Physically speaking Moss was the most talented WR I've ever seen. Between his speed, height and leaping ability he was totally unstoppable when he gave 100% effort. Rice was clearly the more complete WR because of his work ethic but you're comparing apples to oranges in terms of style.

data

Forbes #1
Scary thing is that it feels like randy moss didn't play to his potential.

On the flip side, if emmitt benefitted from his OL, how inflated are Rice's stats playing with Montana and Young? You saw the difference with Moss going from the Raiders to Tom Brady.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Scary thing is that it feels like randy moss didn't play to his potential.

On the flip side, if emmitt benefitted from his OL, how inflated are Rice's stats playing with Montana and Young? You saw the difference with Moss going from the Raiders to Tom Brady.
Rice was still putting up pretty good numbers after he got old and was playing for the Raiders in his 17th, 18th, and 19th seasons.
16 games 92 rec 1,211 yds 7 TDs was his line from his 18th season.

By the time Moss' 18th year rolled around, he'd been retired for four years. As for his production going up when he left the Raiders to go to the Patriots, ya think? He left Marques Tuiasosopo, Aaron Brooks and a horrible Raiders team for Tom Brady and a perennial winner. You think his effort might have picked up a bit, too?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rice was still putting up pretty good numbers after he got old and was playing for the Raiders in his 17th, 18th, and 19th seasons.
16 games 92 rec 1,211 yds 7 TDs was his line from his 18th season.

By the time Moss' 18th year rolled around, he'd been retired for four years. As for his production going up when he left the Raiders to go to the Patriots, ya think? He left Marques Tuiasosopo, Aaron Brooks and a horrible Raiders team for Tom Brady and a perennial winner. You think his effort might have picked up a bit, too?
Moss somehow made Culpepper look like a stud QB. I can't imagine any other WR capable of that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Moss could have been the greatest, but he coasted on talent. If he had a great work ethic and attitude he might have been the best by a mile.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Moss somehow made Culpepper look like a stud QB. I can't imagine any other WR capable of that.
Culpepper had a strong arm and could throw it a mile. It fit Moss' strength, and helped them both out perfectly.

D

Deuce

Culpepper had a few elite seasons. Moss was the biggest reason for it, but he didn't suck.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Moss could have been the greatest, but he coasted on talent. If he had a great work ethic and attitude he might have been the best by a mile.
Exactly.

If Moss had the work ethic, this wouldn't even be a debate.

He's easily the most talented player to play the position, and the single most dangerous player to ever play the game, IMO.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

If Moss had the work ethic, this wouldn't even be a debate.

He's easily the most talented player to play the position, and the single most dangerous player to ever play the game, IMO.
Now, there's an HSO.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I liked Jerry Rice a lot, but I think Moss was the most dangerous receiver to ever play the game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I liked Jerry Rice a lot, but I think Moss was the most dangerous receiver to ever play the game.
And to think Jer took a pass on drafting him. Sounds about right.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And to think Jer took a pass on drafting him. Sounds about right.
You can lay some of the blame at the feet of a few cowboy players that couldn't stay out of trouble. Jones reacted to the local kneejerkers and took the safest PR. route.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can lay some of the blame at the feet of a few cowboy players that couldn't stay out of trouble. Jones reacted to the local kneejerkers and took the safest PR. route.
This is exactly what happened. Jerry is the world's worst about kneejerking. But, about half the time he waits until it's desperation time and too late when he kneejerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom