Eatman: Cowboys Working On Monday Visits For Melton, Weeden

p1_

DCC 4Life
Melton countdown on......would we call that the Melt-down?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Eff it.

If it is taking this long, just sign Allen tomorrow when he comes in.

We need one or the other. If this guy is trying to milk it, move on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Henry Melton still at Valley Ranch, but several teams remain in hunt for his services

Grapevine product Henry Melton remained at Valley Ranch on Monday night, according to a source. But several teams remain in the hunt for the defensive tackle's services.

He has visited the Vikings and the Seahawks, and the Bears, Rams and Raiders also have interest.

Melton wants a short-term deal to prove his health after undergoing reconstructive surgery on his left knee in October, but he still might be asking more than the Cowboys are willing to spend.

Dallas has less than $7 million in salary-cap space after signing Brandon Weeden to a two-year, $1.23 million deal on Monday.

Defensive end Jared Allen is scheduled to arrive at Valley Ranch on Tuesday for a visit. His asking price likely will have to come down for the Cowboys to have hopes of landing him.

The Cowboys are seeking replacements for defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, who signed with the Washington Redskins, and defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who signed with the Denver Broncos after the Cowboys released him.

Free-agent defensive end Anthony Spencer remains on the market.

-- Charean Williams

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Henry Melton still at Valley Ranch, but several teams remain in hunt for his services

Grapevine product Henry Melton remained at Valley Ranch on Monday night, according to a source. But several teams remain in the hunt for the defensive tackle's services.

He has visited the Vikings and the Seahawks, and the Bears, Rams and Raiders also have interest.

Melton wants a short-term deal to prove his health after undergoing reconstructive surgery on his left knee in October, but he still might be asking more than the Cowboys are willing to spend.

Dallas has less than $7 million in salary-cap space after signing Brandon Weeden to a two-year, $1.23 million deal on Monday.

Defensive end Jared Allen is scheduled to arrive at Valley Ranch on Tuesday for a visit. His asking price likely will have to come down for the Cowboys to have hopes of landing him.

The Cowboys are seeking replacements for defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, who signed with the Washington Redskins, and defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who signed with the Denver Broncos after the Cowboys released him.

Free-agent defensive end Anthony Spencer remains on the market.

-- Charean Williams
Looking like he might sign with us. Why meet with Allen? We could get a DE with our first pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looking like he might sign with us. Why meet with Allen? We could get a DE with our first pick.
I dunno. Usually not a good sign when Dallas takes this long.

Could mean a couple things...he wants a short term contract, we want a longer one with funny money at the end...his knee is not all that great...who knows.

I would feel better about having to get a DT in the first than a DE, true pass rusher, in the first.

The 3-Technique tackle in this defense is so vital and he probably knows that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

p1_

DCC 4Life
I imagine some wine and dine and party is in order for the courtship and to seal the deal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I imagine some wine and dine and party is in order for the courtship and to seal the deal.
Jerry needs to whip out the hookers in the Bang Bus and get this shit done.

Tired of worrying about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Since when is the vibe with Dallas execs "negative"?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've been thinking about Allen and I think we have legit intentions of signing him....it's not a due diligence thing.

Look, us regular Joes are aware of the rumors that he is said to want a nice chunk of change for his services and is willing to walk away from the game if he doesn't like any of the offers, so certainly the team has to know this as well.

Not only that, but they've almost certainly had preliminary talks with his agent about what he's looking for before flying him down.

My point is, if they didn't think they could come close to the ballpark on him, I doubt they even bring him in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dump Durant and Parnell. Restructure a guy.

Abracadabra, dipshits.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, who cares about Durant and Parnell, if they're the difference between signing one of Melton/Allen and signing both, get rid of both of those invalids.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's a little too easy, ain't it?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's a little too easy, ain't it?
It is easy all of the time.

The problem is the dead money and stuff that nobody talks about until the bill comes due.

Top Bottom