2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
RKG for life.
As much as I am ready for Garrett to go away ASAP, I am fascinated to see what he would do on a team with no Romo or Witten to repeat his robotic messages.

Jiggyfly

Banned
As much as I am ready for Garrett to go away ASAP, I am fascinated to see what he would do on a team with no Romo or Witten to repeat his robotic messages.
I am kinda done with all 3, I think they all are fake leaders.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can someone help me understand the Harambe thing now?

I understood it when it happened.

Is this some social media justice thing?
It has just turned into a meme.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

townsend

Banned
Can someone help me understand the Harambe thing now?

I understood it when it happened.

Is this some social media justice thing?
As far as I can tell Harambe humor is mostly based on the fact that no one really actually cares that he's dead. The memes more or less focus on fake outrage about his death, launching into absurd conspiracy theories mixed with Chuck Norris like embellishments on his importance. It's just enough in bad taste to be "edgy", but so ludicrous it can't be taken seriously.

Cotton

Staff member
Just a quick thought: This trend of arbitrarily pulling QBs out of games when they think he might have a concussion is a terrible idea. Think about it, if your team is getting gashed by a QB, what do you do? Well, you just hit him in the head so he will get pulled. Instead of that stupid shit, how about just enforce the rules that are in place and penalize/eject players that are hitting other players in the head?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Just a quick thought: This trend of arbitrarily pulling QBs out of games when they think he might have a concussion is a terrible idea. Think about it, if your team is getting gashed by a QB, what do you do? Well, you just hit him in the head so he will get pulled. Instead of that stupid shit, how about just enforce the rules that are in place and penalize/eject players that are hitting other players in the head?
It should be a combination of the eye test and common sense. If he's showing legitimate signs, check him out. Otherwise let him play.

Cotton

Staff member
It should be a combination of the eye test and common sense. If he's showing legitimate signs, check him out. Otherwise let him play.
I just think the more and more you pull QBs from games the more incentive teams will have to try to make him look concussed. Not saying a QB shouldn't be pulled ever, just saying that it should be only in extreme circumstances.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. He sucks. [/TexasAce]

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

tweet he was quoting

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cotton

Staff member
What great numbers for someone who isn't even a receiver.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tyrone Crawford likes 'butterfly' effect in move to defensive end
Todd Archer

FRISCO, Texas -- Tyrone Crawford took exactly the same amount of snaps you did before playing left defensive end for the Dallas Cowboys last week.

Sometimes special circumstances require special actions. The Cowboys were not pleased with right defensive end Benson Mayowa in the first half against the Washington Redskins and decided to make a three-for-one change.

Crawford went from under tackle to left defensive end. Jack Crawford went from left end to right end. Rookie Maliek Collins took over at under tackle.

“The first couple of reps were a little slow,” Tyrone Crawford said, “but the only thing that slowed me down really was just really trying to remember the assignment.”

The Cowboys signed Crawford to a five-year extension last year because of his work at defensive tackle, but his versatility allows the Cowboys to move him around. When the Cowboys drafted Collins in the third round in the spring, they did so knowing Crawford could play end while DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory were suspended.

Tyrone Crawford is moving around the Cowboys' defensive line as they look for the most effective combination. Matthew Pearce/Icon Sportswire
Collins broke his foot during organized team activities and that plan was shelved until last week.

Tyrone Crawford said he will work some at left and right defensive end as well as tackle this week in practice as they look to mix and match their way to a better pass rush.

He came up with his first sack of the season from the left defensive end spot on the final drive, dropping Kirk Cousins for an 8-yard loss.

“I was bull-rushing and giving [the right tackle] him a long arm and going inside a lot and I knew he was kind of thinking about his inside,” Tyrone Crawford said. “Me and Maliek talked about it and we did something I just worked and showed him inside and went back outside.”

Crawford actually enjoyed playing on the outside again.

“I think we had this conversation when I moved down to three-technique, to the under tackle, and you asked me how I feel and I said, 'I feel like I got hit by a bus,'” Tyrone Crawford said. “This time after the game, I feel like a friggin’ butterfly.”

Is that a good thing?

“It’s a great thing,” he said. “My body’s starting to get this time to heal up.”

Sounds like it may just be best to leave Crawford at end. Sounds like maybe his body just doesn't take the beating as a three technique well anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom