NFL Combine for Veteran Players

dallen

Senior Tech
Wow.

If he chose to participate in this thing, then I would like to think that he spent some time training for this event and getting himself in shape and all that other stuff.

So if he put in the time to get himself right and still only ran a 4.8 40, then he must've been in unbelivably bad shape.
It wasn't just him. Most vets were significantly slower than their original combine times

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Wow.

If he chose to participate in this thing, then I would like to think that he spent some time training for this event and getting himself in shape and all that other stuff.

So if he put in the time to get himself right and still only ran a 4.8 40, then he must've been in unbelivably bad shape.
As booze pointed out it's electronic times at the vet combine and hand timed at the rookie combine, so it's probably not as great a difference as it looks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As booze pointed out it's electronic times at the vet combine and hand timed at the rookie combine, so it's probably not as great a difference as it looks.
I thought the final official times at the rookie combine were electronic.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well, I guess that explains why running backs aren't worth much after their first contract.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I guess that explains why running backs aren't worth much after their first contract.
Yeah, I hate to say it but I think it just shows the effects of a beating on a guys body. Obviously part of it too is that these guys probably didn't train for a 40 yard dash the way that they did coming out of college. So their technique probably wasn't as good.

Top Bottom