Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Paraphrased it was "as long as I am alive, I alone run the Dallas Cowboys." Audio clip is hosted on the DCU server and been posted there several times.
Not earth shattering nor does it reaveal anything about now. He still runs things he chooses but he has also given some of the matters over to others. That is still how he chooses to run things and it will continue until the day he moves to the other side of the grass.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Paraphrased it was "as long as I am alive, I alone run the Dallas Cowboys." Audio clip is hosted on the DCU server and been posted there several times.
Every owner runs their team. But some of them do it through delegation. Jerry has historically been more hands on. Clearly he has done more delegating to his son in recent years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Every owner runs their team. But some of them do it through delegation. Jerry has historically been more hands on. Clearly he has done more delegating to his son in recent years.
Yeah. I hate Jerry as much as anybody and I dont see how you cant see this. Im sure that quote is years old so things do change.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Letting people talk him out of stupid things like drafting Manziel doesn't mean he's not still the final approval guy on, everything. And if he decided he wanted to sign Manziel now, we would. And he's just that dumb. But actually, the swag sales alone might pay Johnny's salary. Never underestimate Jerry on stuff like this. After all he's been reliable as can be, giving us just exactly .500 ball the last 20 years.

townsend

Banned
I don't think Jerry is into Manziel at all. We can afford to take risks on d linemen and LBers, but we've already lost a QB to substance abuse, I don't think Jerry's willing to repeat the Quincy Carter experiment.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jerruh is stupid, therefore Manziel WILL be wearing the star come this summer.
Maybe Manziel will sign the same day they announce Bill Bates to the ROH and Dustin Vaughan is named our starter.

If I recall, you also said both of those things WILL happen. That was right about the time you were claiming it was possible to win your division with only 4 wins.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they have issues bringing Hardy back, why would they gamble on a guy even more toxic and more of a media magnet?

I am the last person who would ever defend Jerry's intellectual dignity, but still.

townsend

Banned
If they have issues bringing Hardy back, why would they gamble on a guy even more toxic and more of a media magnet?

I am the last person whow would ever defend Jerry's intellectual dignity, but still.
And who has never played at an elite level. Hardy had a shit ton of upside when they signed him, and frankly, a less conclusive DV incident. Manziel burst his damn girlfriend's eardrum, and he can't stay sober, and had been a media spectacle for the last few years. Even if he was signed as a 3rd stringer the entire narrative of the 2016 season would be about every Twitter post, or night out, or expression Manziel makes on the sideline.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Maybe Manziel will sign the same day they announce Bill Bates to the ROH and Dustin Vaughan is named our starter.

If I recall, you also said both of those things WILL happen. That was right about the time you were claiming it was possible to win your division with only 4 wins.
:lol Never said Bates would be in the RoH, only that he should be. Hyperbole over Vaughan was good clean fun, and by Gum we ALMOST pulled off a division title with 4 wins last year!

I am the last person who would ever defend Jerry's intellectual dignity, but still.
And who has never played at an elite level. Hardy had a shit ton of upside when they signed him, and frankly, a less conclusive DV incident. Manziel burst his damn girlfriend's eardrum, and he can't stay sober, and had been a media spectacle for the last few years. Even if he was signed as a 3rd stringer the entire narrative of the 2016 season would be about every Twitter post, or night out, or expression Manziel makes on the sideline.
RELEVANCE though. Jerry wants the team to be RELEVANT!

Plus, he can show once again his altruism isn't limited only to drunk driver murderers and the like.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
:lol Never said Bates would be in the RoH, only that he should be. Hyperbole over Vaughan was good clean fun, and by Gum we ALMOST pulled off a division title with 4 wins last year!RELEVANCE though. Jerry wants the team to be RELEVANT!

Plus, he can show once again his altruism isn't limited only to drunk driver murderers and the like.
If it wasn't for last year's distractions, and Johnny hadn't completely melted down, maybe. But remember this team oscillates. We go from island of misfit toys to "right kind of guy" personnel strategy every 2 or 3 years. This is why we passed on Moss in 98. Now that Jerry got his peepee slapped for drafting a pot head and signing a woman beater, I predict a couple years of boy scouts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We aren't going to sign RG3 or Manziel, might as well just shut this bad boy down.

About a month ago I said we have never had a read-option running style of QB under Garrett and that our offense is very traditional. We have always had pro/traditional style drop back veterans as backups in Brad Johnson, Kitna, Orton, Weeden, Cassel and Moore, and there is no reason to believe that we would break that now for a lightning rod of a character in RG3 or Manziel. It's just not happening.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Griffin to Cleveland per Schefter.

Praise the lord.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could mean they cut or trade McCown.

I hope this is not our next Matt Cassel.

Top Bottom