Music Thread...

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
:lol

I knew that would cut pretty deep for you as you have expressed your love for AIC and STP on this board before. Did not know you are also a fan of Candlebox. I was just never impressed at all by any of those bands. Not a fan.
They all sound alike. I just don't get the appeal.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
A modern country band that the entire family can enjoy. They play a wide variety, have a great lead and great musicianship. And humor to boot.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
And since I posted the one tribute. This is one of my favorite bands that didn't last long enough, but had some great songs. This one is a tribute they did that brings a tear every damn time. The non-tribute version is great too BTW!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Rascal Flatts are gay as shit. They are to me basically a boy band pretending to be country.

Genghis Khan

I'm pretty sure we can't be friends anymore.

Ayuh. Candlebox have a couple good songs but are overall pretty mediocre but nothing to complain about. AIC and STP are fantastic.

I agree with E D about Nirvana and Pearl Jam though. Both way overrated. Pearl jam hasn't had one good song in 20 years. Their 1st two albums were very good though. Nirvana had one great song, a couple solid songs, and a bunch of forgettable shit.

The best of that scene for me was the Smashing Pumpkins. Love those guys. Up through Machina they hardly made any bad songs.

Genghis Khan

Seriously though. Would? Man in the Box. Angry Chair. Down in a Hole. No Excuses.

How can you like rock music and not appreciate these guys?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ayuh. Candlebox have a couple good songs but are overall pretty mediocre but nothing to complain about. AIC and STP are fantastic.

I agree with E D about Nirvana and Pearl Jam though. Both way overrated. Pearl jam hasn't had one good song in 20 years. Their 1st two albums were very good though. Nirvana had one great song, a couple solid songs, and a bunch of forgettable shit.

The best of that scene for me was the Smashing Pumpkins. Love those guys. Up through Machina they hardly made any bad songs.
I like SG, but they weren't in my top 5 from that era. But, obviously, neither was Nirvana. Pearl Jam was good back in the day, but that Bugs album sent them off the rail, and they haven't done anything decent since. Liked the Nixons quite a bit, and Mudhole was always solid.

Cotton

Staff member
Seriously though. Would? Man in the Box. Angry Chair. Down in a Hole. No Excuses.

It amazes me. If you can convey your music in acoustic version and it still kick ass, you are a very talented band. AIC's unplugged album is the best acoustic album ever, and there are none even sniffing their jock.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didnt like STP at all but liked the rest at the time. Now they all just bore me.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

I don't know, man. Just thought both bands were very meh. Was not impressed with either. Just very generic and uninteresting to me. I was listening to a ton of music at that time and there was nothing I ever heard from either band that compelled me to put them into my rotation, and I heard a lot of songs from both.

I'm with you on the Smashing Pumpkins though. They were great for a while. They really put on some great shows when they were first coming up and I was fortunate to see them a few times in very small venues for cheap.

Cotton

Staff member
I need to cleanse this thread before things get out of hand and we all end going home mad at each other...

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I will stop there for now and hope it's enough to get the bad juju gone. Please do not push me.

Top Bottom