2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm all for them having one as well.

I wonder why the NCAA put that 12 team conference rule in place. 10 teams is certainly enough. Two 5 teams divisions would work.
I would sure love to see how fast our conference gets 12 members if Texas lost out to this rule.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Coker made that play. I hate it when Alabama QBs make plays. They have it so easy. It makes you question your eyes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not having a conference championship game won't hurt teams like Texas or Oklahoma. We have the name recognition and play quality non-conference opponents.

Next year when people are whining about us not playing an extra tough game I'll just point to our game against Ohio St.

As an aside, this SEC title game shouldn't even count as a quality win for Alabama. You beat a team whose offense rivals that of a bad 2A high school team. Congrats.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not having a conference championship game won't hurt teams like Texas or Oklahoma. We have the name recognition and play quality non-conference opponents.

Next year when people are whining about us not playing an extra tough game I'll just point to our game against Ohio St.

As an aside, this SEC title game shouldn't even count as a quality win for Alabama. You beat a team whose offense rivals that of a bad 2A high school team. Congrats.
At least they made that statement.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Yep. The committee isn't too bothered by a conference not having a championship game as long as there is a conference champ. I bothers media folks who like to kick it around.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Could you imagine having to sit through an Auburn vs. Florida game with Jeremy Johnson and Treon Harris as the starting QBs.

I'd rather drink a bottle of Drano.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess Notre Dame cannot play in the BCS championship. :tippytoe:

1bigfan13

Staff member
CowboysRock is somewhere hyperventilating.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Derrick Henry with 100 rush attempts in back to back games. Damn!

Talk about running a guy into the ground. NFL teams beware.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Derrick Henry with 100 rush attempts in back to back games. Damn!

Talk about running a guy into the ground. NFL teams beware.
If he, goes down Bama better finds Bigfoot or they will be in trouble.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have an awesome Photoshop idea but I don't have photoshop anymore.

The idea is to have Trevor Knight stored in a glass container/box with text across the glass that reads: "Break glass in case of 'Bama"

Of course as an OU fan seeing Knight out there at QB is the last thing I want to see, but I could have fun trolling Bama fans with the pic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would sure love to see how fast our conference gets 12 members if Texas lost out to this rule.
That's a fact.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's a fumble by the Iowa TE.

Watch the college refs make the call in under 2 minutes whereas this would be a 5 minute review for NFL refs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Call made in under 2 minutes just like a said. The NFL refs would still be farting around under the hood.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
T for Temple U"
T for Temple U
U-ni-versity!
Fight, fight, fight!
For the Cherry and the White,
For the Cherry and the White,
We'll fight, fight, fight!

:unsure

Carl

RIP Brother
That's a fumble by the Iowa TE.

Watch the college refs make the call in under 2 minutes whereas this would be a 5 minute review for NFL refs.
Right, cause College games move along so quickly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Right, cause College games move along so quickly.
Your post is completely irrelevant to my comment.

Nowhere in my post did I compare pace of game play.

It's an absolute fact that the college replay system is faster and better than the NFL's system.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I want Oklahoma to get matched up with Alabama. Stoops vs. the SEC and Finebaum would be awesome.

I wonder what excuses SEC/Bama fans will throw out there this time after we kick their ass again.

WE WANT BAMA! WE WANT BAMA! WE WANT BAMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom