Schefter: Dallas could take another look at Manziel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All of that for a player who has 1,108 passing yards and five touchdowns in his career. The Cowboys use a timing-based offense that’s based on precision; Manziel is a player who operates best when he’s freelancing.
Frenchy should have stuck with the bad character angle.

This offense may think it is a timing-based offense based on precision, but the guy that makes it work in Romo also operates best when freelancing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because those Browns castoff 1st round picks are oh, so good. I mean there's Trent Richardson and Brandon Weedon, and... oh yeah, they SUCK.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I thought he was an undersized turd then and still do. People were enjoying my utter torment on Facebook as Manziel kept sliding towards Dallas, and I was so happy when they passed on him.

I thought he was a 3rd round prospect at best and couldn't believe Cleveland bought the hype and took him in the 1st round.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought he was an undersized turd then and still do. People were enjoying my utter torment on Facebook as Manziel kept sliding towards Dallas, and I was so happy when they passed on him.

I thought he was a 3rd round prospect at best and couldn't believe Cleveland bought the hype and took him in the 1st round.
Nothing has happened to change my mind about him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why not?

It's not like this team is gonna do anything smart so long as the Jones' are in charge. We're gonna have to luck into success like we did last year.

So I say, go get the bastid. What exactly are we hurting by doing so? Our immediate Super Bowl Chances?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This only makes sense if he's third on the depth chart. After the Weeden/Cassel clusterfuck this year, we cannot count on an unproven entity like Manziel to back up Tony.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This only makes sense if he's third on the depth chart. After the Weeden/Cassel clusterfuck this year, we cannot count on an unproven entity like Manziel to back up Tony.
What backup would you choose? There ain't shit that will be available.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
What backup would you choose? There ain't shit that will be available.
Beats me, but Johnny hasn't proven he can play in this league (yet). Idiot Bayless said we would have won at least three games with Manziel while Tony was injured. Based on what?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For conversation sake, Manziel could fit in now as a back up and get some exposure in the preseason. He has functioned in that capacity for a couple of years now. After another year he could then be ready to start a transition. I just don't like his approach to the game. He still seems to rely on instincts rather than a system and physically he is considered a little frail to last very long in the pro ranks. I understand he is exciting to watch but that will bring on more problems than it will solve. It causes havoc to blocking schemes and more than often will bring out the yellow flags.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Beats me, but Johnny hasn't proven he can play in this league (yet). Idiot Bayless said we would have won at least three games with Manziel while Tony was injured. Based on what?
The fact that he was probably a better fit than Weeden or Cassel in that he could run around and make plays in Garrett's shit offense?

Hell, I dunno, damn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, we are going to backslide into late 1990's oblivion by trying projects again?

That's what this fool is. He brings ridiculously off-field baggage that makes him an even more retarded signing.

He just isn't talented enough to jack with.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Jerry loves to get cute, especially if he can sell some jersey's.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is exactly the kind of bullshit shortcut that's consigned us to mediocrity for decades.

How about building the team the right way?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is exactly the kind of bullshit shortcut that's consigned us to mediocrity for decades.

How about building the team the right way?
You think Jerry has just all of sudden figured out how to build a team the right way?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, we are going to backslide into late 1990's oblivion by trying projects again?

That's what this fool is. He brings ridiculously off-field baggage that makes him an even more retarded signing.

He just isn't talented enough to jack with.
I hear what you're saying but I'm torn because I do really like his talent. This isn't a QB that took the field and was a total disaster. He had a 88 QB rating on a shit Cleveland offense this year. He made some spectacular plays for them and was able to at least win a game. Johnny Manziel has the physical talent to succeed in the NFL. What he needs is a hard nosed coach to beat him up a little but who gives him the attention to keep him in line. I don't think he gets that in Dallas but this isn't a Brandon Weeden project either. You put him in our offense with our talent and I think you'll see a QB with a rating higher then 88 obviously.

Top Bottom