Dallas’s Jerry Jones has odd reaction to Greg Hardy’s media session

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
you don't have to "pretend." just read the transcripts from the initial judge trial. they dismissed the case because their star witness didn't show up for the jury trial. gee, I wonder why.
The woman is a notorious druggie gold digger, everyone local is well aware of it

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The woman is a notorious druggie gold digger, everyone local is well aware of it
that doesn't mean she didn't get her ass beat. low-quality women are punched, raped and murdered every day. she was under oath and a judge found her very credible. my main problem with her is that she (obviously) took a bribe and put other women at risk as a result.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
you don't have to "pretend." just read the transcripts from the initial judge trial. they dismissed the case because their star witness didn't show up for the jury trial. gee, I wonder why.
Was Hardy charged with witness tampering? As a criminal defense attorney you know why else drug adicts don't show up for court? Because they are high as hell or because they don't want to get caught for something they did or are doing wrong. Do you know why their court system allows for you to request a jury tried case? Because judges are usually very biased.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
(obviously) took a bribe
Why is that obvious? You do realize drug adicts often end up homeless and are notoriously hard to get to testify. If she took a bribe what would have prevented her from turning around and testifying?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why is that obvious? You do realize drug adicts often end up homeless and are notoriously hard to get to testify. If she took a bribe what would have prevented her from turning around and testifying?
Hardy lost the judge trial, saw the writing on the wall and said to himself "holy shit, I better cut a deal." Corporations and municipalities do it all the time to avoid a civil trial and damages. Hardy's no different. Why would she risk perjuring herself at the initial trial if her story wasn't true?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
BB is going all Twitter outrage. :lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
no outrage. I'm numb to Jerry's mercenary ways at this point. just shocked that some fans think this guy was set up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Was Hardy charged with witness tampering? As a criminal defense attorney you know why else drug adicts don't show up for court? Because they are high as hell or because they don't want to get caught for something they did or are doing wrong. Do you know why their court system allows for you to request a jury tried case? Because judges are usually very biased.
Also to add to what you are saying, prosecutors can go forward with the case without the witness, and do so frequently.When they don't, it's usually because the case isn't strong enough without the witness.

That tells us two things:

One, the case against Hardy on its own merits wasn't that strong,

and two, the incentive for Hardy to bribe or buy off the witness is greatly lessened because he wouldn't know necessarily if it would have made a difference.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The Cowboys need to have this pumping through the stadium when the team takes the field on Sunday:

Carp

DCC 4Life
no outrage. I'm numb to Jerry's mercenary ways at this point. just shocked that some fans think this guy was set up.
Think who was set up?

I was glad to see we got some new posters here...not you though, you are far away the most sensitive and annoying poster here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hardy lost the judge trial, saw the writing on the wall and said to himself "holy shit, I better cut a deal." Corporations and municipalities do it all the time to avoid a civil trial and damages. Hardy's no different. Why would she risk perjuring herself at the initial trial if her story wasn't true?
The examples of compromise you presented are indeed civil lawsuits and is common practice. Corporations and municipalities don't use these practices in criminal matters. The last I recall physical abuse is criminal. The example isn't one of parity for practices because of the type of laws involved.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Think who was set up?
Hardy, by the alleged gold-digging crackhead.

I was glad to see we got some new posters here...not you though, you are far away the most sensitive and annoying poster here.
Because I see Hardy like 99% of the world sees him? boo hoo.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Hardy, by the alleged gold-digging crackhead.

Because I see Hardy like 99% of the world sees him? boo hoo.
99%? No... outside of Charlotte, North Carolina I would give you a generous 61% of the women and 42% of men. If you live in Charlotte, have a functioning brain, and paid any attention to what was going on in the case, those numbers are significantly lower. Your description of her pretty much fit how she was viewed in this area (and this is even after he signed with the Cowboys).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
99%? No... outside of Charlotte, North Carolina I would give you a generous 61% of the women and 42% of men. If you live in Charlotte, have a functioning brain, and paid any attention to what was going on in the case, those numbers are significantly lower. Your description of her pretty much fit how she was viewed in this area (and this is even after he signed with the Cowboys).
Um, yeah. There was a political element to this case.

townsend

Banned
This has been talked to death, and it may be that Hardy was pure evil with a gun couch. But I think the truth lies somewhere in between. We know for a fact that the woman gave a flawed account of what happened, I can't help but wonder if there was some violence from both sides. That doesn't make hurting a woman okay, but I'm always a little shocked how frequently we assume super charged athletes can respond with moderate force to anything.

data

Forbes #1
Jerruh just went up a notch in my book. I hate that I'm saying that.

data

Forbes #1
I remember back in the day there was this shithole of a school where everyone was yelling about 'guns up'. Despicable.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I remember back in the day there was this shithole of a school where everyone was yelling about 'guns up'. Despicable.
:lol

:tippytoe

Top Bottom