Report: Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder if the Vikings knew about the older allegations before they reinstated him? Losing Radisson is big for them and I would assume other companies will follow suit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Seems Peterson may not have actually hit his kid in the older case-

5:05 PM PT -- Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him.

We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

Peterson's attorney tells us an adult witness backed him up, saying Adrian "did nothing inappropriate with his son."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-second-child-abuse-investigation-houston-minnesota-vikings-nfl/#ixzz3DUNW572L

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems Peterson may not have actually hit his kid in the older case-

5:05 PM PT -- Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him.

We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

Peterson's attorney tells us an adult witness backed him up, saying Adrian "did nothing inappropriate with his son."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-second-child-abuse-investigation-houston-minnesota-vikings-nfl/#ixzz3DUNW572L
Feh. I read something about how the kid did it to himself. The kid flinched in the car seat because he was coming after him. So I guess he actually did not strike the child in that case, but the reality is that his threat caused the injury.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Alternatively, you can raise children without hitting or spanking and a large majority of them turn out great.

Believe it or not it does happen.
Correct! I was never hit. Not once.

I think the point here though should be, this has nothing to do with discipline or correcting your child. Of course parents can do that if necessary. This wasn't a parent going a little over board. This was straight up abuse.

dallen

Senior Tech
Even here in Oklahoma where Peterson is one step below Jesus people are taken aback. We were talking about it at lunch today and even the OU homers were shocked that the Vikings are going to let him play

dallen

Senior Tech
I wonder if the Vikings knew about the older allegations before they reinstated him? Losing Radisson is big for them and I would assume other companies will follow suit.
Apparently Budweiser has informed the NFL that they are not happy with their response to the situation so far. I'm sure it a certain part of it is posturing, but that's a huge sponsor

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am getting seriously tired of the NFL being a social platform. Can't even enjoy the games anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently Budweiser has informed the NFL that they are not happy with their response to the situation so far. I'm sure it a certain part of it is posturing, but that's a huge sponsor
Yeah, and a beer company that sells a product that causes just as much heartache to people's lives.

Wow. It is incredibly hypocritical.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, and a beer company that sells a product that causes just as much heartache to people's lives.

Wow. It is incredibly hypocritical.
It is kind of ironic that a beer company has a problem with domestic violence.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am getting seriously tired of the NFL being a social platform. Can't even enjoy the games anymore.
It's fucking annoying.

That's what happens when you let the liberals in. Everything is a goddamn cause.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Apparently overnight the Vikings made the decision to place Peterson on some type of exemptions list where he's required to stay away from the organization while things play out.

So apparently the Vikings weren't aware of the incident with the other child. Plus a number of big sponsors voiced their concern about the NFL and Vikings issues. You knew once the sponsors started pulling out teams and owners would move quickly to clean up the mess. It's all about the money for these guys.

I thought the Vikings should have waited waited until later in the week to announce that Peterson was being reinstated. It felt like they tried to rush him back following an embarrassing loss to the Patriots. But you have to wait because as we've seen in many of these off the field cases, additional information almost always comes out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is just asinine. And it is fucking up my Fantasy team.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Reggie Bush defends Adrian Peterson, spanking

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 17, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT

As it turns out, there are people worse at talking about the Adrian Peterson situation than the Vikings front office, or at least one.

Lions running back Reggie Bush said he supported Peterson’s method of punishing children, if not the degree to which Peterson took it.

“I was punished the same way,” Bush said on WFAN, via the New York Daily News. “And I know a lot of my friends and a lot of the guys I played with, they were punished the same way, too.”

“I got what we call whoopings.”

Bush said he’d “harshly” punish his 1-year-old daughter, if need be.

“I definitely will try to — will obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her,” Bush said. “But I definitely will discipline her harshly depending on what the situation is.”

He initially said he’d “consider” using a switch like Peterson did, but then said he misspoke.

“I said spanking,” he said. “Spanking is different than a branch or a stick”

Bush probably realized he stepped in a big pile upon leaving the interview, so he took to Twitter to start the ritual scraping of the shoe.

“Let’s get one thing straight people, I believe in disciplining a child period!” he wrote. “I believe in spanking a child (IF NEEDED) NOT beating them!

I’m a big believer in the First Amendment, and love it when football players speak openly and honestly.

But this is probably not the week to advocate for corporal punishment, unless you just enjoy having to explain what you really mean.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bush said he’d “harshly” punish his 1-year-old daughter, if need be.

I definitely will try to — will obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her,” Bush said. “But I definitely will discipline her harshly depending on what the situation is.”
I read this as "I definitely will try to – will obviously not leave any evidence of the beating on her so that I don't get in trouble".

Top Bottom