Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, I definitely liked Carimi.

I'd at least bring him into camp.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Carimi and DeCastro are probably the two lineman I have liked most going into the draft in recent years.

Not exactly something to hang my hat on.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To be fair... I would have been at least happy with taking any tackle, though after a trade down. It's not like I predicted Carimi would be a bust.

But I was not on him like I was Smith, who I loved at pre-draft DeMarcus Ware levels, or to a lesser extent Costanzo. Clay was the guy who, to my recollection, really liked Carimi.

Anyway.... I don't think I'd take a flyer on him. I don't think there is much there to salvage. He's been cut by 2 teams.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Carimi and DeCastro are probably the two lineman I have liked most going into the draft in recent years.

Not exactly something to hang my hat on.
You haven't been paying attention (no offense) .... DeCastro turned in a very nice season for Pittsburgh this year. If you put him on Dallas this year he would have been our second best lineman, behind Smith but clearly ahead of Frederick.

He's a future Pro Bowler. Probably this coming season. Maybe he's not gonna be "clear best guard in the NFL" material like I was saying he would be, but he's definitely gonna be one of the best.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You haven't been paying attention (no offense) .... DeCastro turned in a very nice season for Pittsburgh this year. If you put him on Dallas this year he would have been our second best lineman, behind Smith but clearly ahead of Frederick.

He's a future Pro Bowler. Probably this coming season. Maybe he's not gonna be "clear best guard in the NFL" material like I was saying he would be, but he's definitely gonna be one of the best.
Oh, I'm aware he had a solid season.

But coming out, both of those guys looked liked bad picks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh, I'm aware he had a solid season.

But coming out, both of those guys looked liked bad picks.
Well, DeCastro had a knee injury that caused him to miss most of his rookie season, you can't hold that season against him.

If DeCastro is one of the linemen you liked most in recent years, you should be chalking that up to a good call on your part. He's gonna be one of the best linemen to come out in recent years and possibly the BEST interior lineman in a similar span.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Too bad we have no money to spend whatsoever.
And even when we do, it will be post-June 1st before we can sign anyone.

But hey, at least we are "aggressive" with our cap dollars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Interesting how the second worst cap managed team can start clearing space now in preparation for free agency, yet we will probably not be doing shit other than designating Miles Austin a June 1st cut.

Goof Son is a fricking genius, lemme tell ya.

As for Harper, I'd expect him to show up in St. Louis to be reunited with Greggggggg Williams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Saints also released Jabari Greer, and are saying they won't re-sign Vilma.

Cotton

Staff member

So frickin' jealous.

D

Deuce

I'm not all that jealous of NO. They are about to sink a ton of that saved money into resigning Graham. As big of a threat as he is! he's still just a TE than kindof sucks at blocking.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not all that jealous of NO. They are about to sink a ton of that saved money into resigning Graham. As big of a threat as he is! he's still just a TE than kindof sucks at blocking.
I'm just jealous they are willing to drop 17 mill worth of players. Regardless of what their plans are for the money.

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - Raiders sign CFL Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets (2,875 rush yds, 86 catches last 2 seasons for Saskatchewan)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm just jealous they are willing to drop 17 mill worth of players. Regardless of what their plans are for the money.
I wonder if Saints fans are hailing Mickey Loomis as a cap genius because he just shed 17 million in cap space in less than a day.

D

Deuce

Feh. Dropping $17M only to reinvest it in overpaying players and weakening your team as a whole isn't something I envy. Smith is still a good player, Harper was at least average. Now their already average D just became poor again.

Top Bottom