Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Dolphins v Cowboys | 8/19/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Came to the sideline, Dak had his arm extended for a fist bump, and it looked like Showers looked right at it, and left him hanging.

Of course, they are not middle school girls, so I am probably exaggerating the importance.
He probably views Dak as his exit from the NFL. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Booze the Hot Take master.:lol
Wasn't saying it to be a hot take. Grant has had buzz all during the draft process. It is not like he was a secret.

I bet he scored at the very least one TD on a return.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Came to the sideline, Dak had his arm extended for a fist bump, and it looked like Showers looked right at it, and left him hanging.

Of course, they are not middle school girls, so I am probably exaggerating the importance.
Dak did the exact same thing to Romo earlier

Cotton

Staff member
Wasn't saying it to be a hot take. Grant has had buzz all during the draft process. It is not like he was a secret.

4 at Tech.

Cotton

Staff member
BS false start call.

Cotton

Staff member
Liked the playcall on that screen. And the OL executed well. That's encouraging.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Whitehead has not been exactly sucking so I don't know why Grant is what we wish he was.

Cotton

Staff member

What a fucking douche bag.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The defense was uneven in the 1st half but we didn't have the starters in there very long on the front 7. Guys like T. Crawford, Scandrick, Lawrence and Lee were out there for basically just the first 2 drives and change and looked good with the 3 and out and red zone stand. That Claiborne tip could've just as easily ended up an INT as it ended up in the hands of one of their WR's, not to mention Wilcox was at fault for the bomb that got him down there and he may not even make the team.

On the TD drives we had our starters in the secondary in, except for Scandrick, but almost all backups along the front 7. Thornton was in but he clearly seems to be behind McClain at this point.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Wow.. What the fuck was that? That was a dick move.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So this guy Dak is basically like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting right? At first you think he's a petty criminal, alcoholic janitor then before you know it he's a god damn genius solving quantum physics equations and so forth.

What I love most about him is his pocket awareness. I think the innate ability to feel the rush, make quick decisions and deliver the ball accurately and on time is the most important trait for a QB to have, especially if you're able to flip your hips on the move and throw it accurately, and Prescott has shown all of that. Then the ability to throw it 65 yards in the air is just the icing on top.

He still has plenty to work on obviously but we may have to start to consider the possibility that our search for the future at QB is over.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
So this guy Dak is basically like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting right? At first you think he's a petty criminal, alcoholic janitor then before you know it he's a god damn genius solving quantum physics equations and so forth.

What I love most about him is his pocket awareness. I think the innate ability to feel the rush, make quick decisions and deliver the ball accurately and on time is the most important trait for a QB to have, especially if you're able to flip your hips on the move and throw it accurately, and Prescott has shown all of that. Then the ability to throw it 65 yards in the air is just the icing on top.

He still has plenty to work on obviously but we may have to start to consider the possibility that our search for the future at QB is over.
It's still over and there's still a long way to go but man, he's definitely shown something. I no longer have that feeling of absolute dread if something were to happen to Romo as I did pre-draft.

But God damn it's a good feeling to have.

What was especially telling is how he responded after his two mistake throws, one the called back INT and then the bad throw where it looked like Lucky stopped on the route. The fact that he just brushed it off and had a short memory was quite telling especially since some young QBs would have gone into a complete meltdown afterwards.

It was nice to see.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

All I get is audio... is that DJ talking? And what is he saying... I can barely hear it.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Any one else happy that the Raiders took Cook ahead of us?

Talk about a huge sigh of relief.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any one else happy that the Raiders took Cook ahead of us?

Talk about a huge sigh of relief.
To be fair Cook has played well. Although not Dak well.

Speaking of which, when the hell is Tapper going to play?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's still over and there's still a long way to go but man, he's definitely shown something. I no longer have that feeling of absolute dread if something were to happen to Romo as I did pre-draft.

But God damn it's a good feeling to have.

What was especially telling is how he responded after his two mistake throws, one the called back INT and then the bad throw where it looked like Lucky stopped on the route. The fact that he just brushed it off and had a short memory was quite telling especially since some young QBs would have gone into a complete meltdown afterwards.

It was nice to see.
Good observation. His resiliency was impressive.

dallen

Senior Tech
I missed the game last night. Dak look ok?

Top Bottom