Conference Championship Round Gameday Chatter|1/19/14

D

Deuce

Good defenses have confounded Manning in the past.

I could see Seattle winning. My money is on Denver, though, because even if Manning struggles, Denver's defensive strengths match up well against Seattle's offensive strengths. But it certainly could be close and anything can happen if it's a one possession game late.
I don't think Seattle does much to confuse people. I think they just have great athletes to rush the passer and big physical players on the backend to make plays when the QB gets hurried. It'll be a fun matchup cause Denver's OL has been manhandling people this offseason.

What I'm worried about is some bullshit weather from this bullshit Super Bowl site causing poor offense to be displayed and make for a crappy game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How about this?

Kaepernick has 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter that helped doom the 49ers.

:towel
He and Wilson are seriously overrated. It's ridiculous. Studs on the DL, four all-pro caliber linebackers behind them, very good safeties and solid corners. The best OL in football hands down, an elite RB, elite TE, elite #2 WR, and solid #1 in Crabtree. Their punter is a regular pro-bowler.

There hasn't been a team with the talent the 49ers have managed to accumulate (except at CB) in decades, and they should have multiple Lombardi's by now.

But you can count on Kap to either screw things up or just not make the play he needs to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As many of you have implied I think this game comes down to the weather, if it's about 20 degrees, windy, icy, snowy, whatever, I like Seattle, if there is some semblance of normal weather I think Denver takes it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think Seattle does much to confuse people. I think they just have great athletes to rush the passer and big physical players on the backend to make plays when the QB gets hurried.
I think their DB's push and hold more than anyone else. It takes speed and quickness, not size and power to beat them in the passing game. I think Wes Welker could be a problem for them.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What is Sherman's deal with Harbaugh? I don't remember hearing they had a poor relationship at Stanford.
I can't remember the exact details, but Sherman said in an interview that at draft time when Harbaugh was asked by scouts what kind of person Sherman was, Harbaugh talked shit about him and spread rumors about him.

He said there was no love lost between the two and Sherman said every time he played against Harbaugh it would "be personal".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think their DB's push and hold more than anyone else. It takes speed and quickness, not size and power to beat them in the passing game. I think Wes Welker could be a problem for them.
The other thing is that if Peyton knows where you're going to line up he's smart enough to be able to instantly audible into specific plays meant to beat a specific coverage. If Seattle's defense is to stop Denver it will be because their front 7 is getting quick pressure on Manning or because the weather is shit, not because their secondary is locking up their receiving targets.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The other thing is that if Peyton knows where you're going to line up he's smart enough to be able to instantly audible into specific plays meant to beat a specific coverage. If Seattle's defense is to stop Denver it will be because their front 7 is getting quick pressure on Manning or because the weather is shit, not because their secondary is locking up their receiving targets.
A lot is going to depend on Denvers RB being healthy too.

Supposedly he has a sternum injury....those take awhile to heal.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

In Seahawks country, 49ers fans paid for a billboard stating "Got Lombardis?" with a picture of 5 Lombardi trophies. When a group of Seahawks fans were going to photobomb the billboard, they got pwnd when the billboard suddenly changed message.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That one stings.

GShock

DCC 4Life
He and Wilson are seriously overrated. It's ridiculous. Studs on the DL, four all-pro caliber linebackers behind them, very good safeties and solid corners. The best OL in football hands down, an elite RB, elite TE, elite #2 WR, and solid #1 in Crabtree. Their punter is a regular pro-bowler.

There hasn't been a team with the talent the 49ers have managed to accumulate (except at CB) in decades, and they should have multiple Lombardi's by now.

But you can count on Kap to either screw things up or just not make the play he needs to.
Could you imagine if Manning had chosen to go there?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Could you imagine if Manning had chosen to go there?
As I said yesterday, they would be defending champs on their way to their 2nd straight title.

Hell, if they had a real QB in any of the last 3 seasons, they'd probably be on pace for a 3-peat.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
yeah, she's really hit the wall.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good defenses have confounded Manning in the past.

I could see Seattle winning. My money is on Denver, though, because even if Manning struggles, Denver's defensive strengths match up well against Seattle's offensive strengths. But it certainly could be close and anything can happen if it's a one possession game late.

True, but my recollection is that usually it's been a good 3-4.

Top Bottom