Training Camp Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The way I remember it, his wife was on Twitter telling Cowboys fans in general to "go fuck yourselves" after he fumbled in a game. The worst thing Cole did was specifically reply to one fan that was attacking him and told him to "go eat a dick". For me the difference was that he was responding directly to a person who was attacking him while his wife threw the entire fan base under the bus. It is a small difference maybe, but for me it was the difference between defending yourself and attacking a group of people. I don't hold him accountable for what she did but I think it does kind of bleed into the perception that he is an ungrateful jackass. Whatever the case this was like 2 years ago so it seems like somebody convinced her attacking fans of husband's team isn't the greatest idea.

Plus, c'mon, telling someone to go eat a dick is always funny.
That's what it was. I thought I remembered he called them a dickhole. Telling someone to eat a dick is much funnier.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Yep, that one.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A fanny pack of dick sounds pretty funny, too. He should use it next time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd love to see Williams and Butler on the field at the same time and more targets for Street. IMO it's better to target the talented player who might actually do something with the football than to go for the short gain. Overall it will work out better for the team and develop our young talent.

All future arguments are now rendered null and void.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

All future arguments are now rendered null and void.
Street will be given the hoodie, slippers, and boombox treatment before long.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Rev

Staff member
It's amazing how people rally to defend this runt.
Relax. Just sit back and when he stops bringing value to the team we will let you know. It's not always about the size of a person.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Relax. Just sit back and when he stops bringing value to the team we will let you know. It's not always about the size of a person.
The best three WRs on the team are clearly Bryant, Williams, and Butler. And it's not close.

Rev

Staff member
The best three WRs on the team are clearly Bryant, Williams, and Butler. And it's not close.
Well I would say until he can show he isn't a health risk (because that's really all we know of him) then it is close. Besides Butler plays outside and the cowboys have always designated their receivers (inside/outside) like that. I'm sure you are going to see plenty of all three wrs not named Dez.

But going off of what we have seen in the past you can't even begin to say that Beasley doesn't bring value to the team. To say otherwise is just living in fantasy land.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's amazing how people rally to defend this runt.
I don't know about the other guys that are laughing at you, but I wasn't defending Beasley at all.

I was only laughing in complete amazement that you'd rather give Street more reps. Over ANYBODY.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I was only laughing in complete amazement that you'd rather give Street more reps. Over ANYBODY.
If he doesn't get opportunities he can't reach his potential, period. Last year he was targeted 13 times, caught 7 with 6 going for first downs. Without chances, you don't get any better. I could care less about Street, but at least give the guy chances to improve.

Beasley has this little niche because we've settled for it. With Romo throwing, a credible running attack and Witten, Bryant, and Williams on the field, literally ANYBODY could do what Beasley's done.

They just aren't giving ANYBODY that chance, because now Beasley has a nice contract.

If Butler keeps making plays in preseason, then suddenly disappears when the season starts I'm pointing squarely at the Jones' commitment to Beasley as the reason why.

The starting three should be Bryant, Williams, and Butler.

Put Beasley in on 3rd and 7.

Top Bottom