Paris attacks: Hollande blames Islamic State for 'act of war'

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Regardless it's an irrational over correction to treat everyone with suspicion over the possibility of someone infiltrating.

Should we give them state secrets? Obviously not, but that's doesnt mean we should let hysteria abandone the core principles of this nation.
That however is a hind sight position. When you are in the middle of a crisis the priority isn't how rational you can be rather what is the best methods to ensure safety and survival. Having the benefit of the Monday morning quarter back position isn't available at the time. Would you say that airport security should be lifted because there hasn't been an incident in several years?

townsend

Banned
That however is a hind sight position. When you are in the middle of a crisis the priority isn't how rational you can be rather what is the best methods to ensure safety and survival. Having the benefit of the Monday morning quarter back position isn't available at the time. Would you say that airport security should be lifted because there hasn't been an incident in several years?
I absolutely believe it should be lifted because Airport security is completely ineffective.

Now let me do some Sunday night quarterbacking. We do a bunch of stupid things to delude ourselves into thinking it makes us safer. Just like gun control doesn't work, and spying on our citizens doesn't work. Disregarding a race of people out of paranoia is a "fix" that doesn't fix a damn thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I absolutely believe it should be lifted because Airport security is completely ineffective.

Now let me do some Sunday night quarterbacking. We do a bunch of stupid things to delude ourselves into thinking it makes us safer. Just like gun control doesn't work, and spying on our citizens doesn't work. Disregarding a race of people out of paranoia is a "fix" that doesn't fix a damn thing.
It's not a fix. It's a prevention strategy. And, I'm all for it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We could just put them in internment camps like we did the Japanese.

Seriously though, in times of war and a threat like this? Absolutely I see nothing wrong with turning them away. Selfish or not it would make a whole lot more sense for America to protect itself then to try and play world police.
For once let's just follow suit. We don't have to lead the charge, just shut down the immigration here and put the emphasis on actually helping these folks get their homes back.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Are we just taking all of the refugees to empty Syria of the innocents and then drop the big one on that shithole? And then they could all go back home and start over?

Ok, I'm for it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We could also look at the nuclear option.

We frak enough oil at home.

Turn the entire region into a sheet of glass.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
ISIS is like the Cult of Gozer. They want nothing more than to force major powers to attack them in some shit hole city in Syria where they think the final battle between Islam and Christianity takes place. Bring about the end of the world. Cats and dogs living together....mass hysteria.

Just sad that so many people over there have nothing....no job... no prospects...no money...no education....and they are the easy recruits who aren't afraid to die because the horseshit that they are fed about 72 virgins and the like is way better that the absolute hopeless nothing they have in this existence.
I totally agree.

Religion fucking sucks.
Islam to be exact

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I say we screen the refugees by making them draw a picture of Mohammad....deny the ones who refuse.

townsend

Banned
The U.S. Should probably just exterminate all the white people, since they're easily the most prominent terrorists in the country.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The U.S. Should probably just exterminate all the white people, since they're easily the most prominent terrorists in the country.
This sounds like something a terrorist would say.

townsend

Banned
Or an idiot. Either or, really.
It is idiotic, in fact it's exactly as idiotic as the people who want to blame any race/religion for the actions of terrorists. Exactly zero Syrian refugees have committed acts of terror in the U.S. (Or Paris for that matter.) excluding them or "rounding them up" out of paranoia is exactly as irrational as attacking white people because of the majority of terrorists that have killed in this country over the last decade.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Unless I dreamed it, I'm pretty sure there were Syrian refugees involved in the Paris butchery.
The news media has reported that. That's what prompted the Govenars to issue their edicts.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Syrians or Isis posing as Syrians?

Top Bottom