Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If we somehow ended up with Daquan Jones/Kelcy Quarles, and Dion Bailey and David Yankey this draft would be a big win. Still need LB help but we would be in much better shape.
For that we would need two more fourths.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We didn't trade down because we couldn't get fair value, so we turn around and overpay to move up...

Teh J just doesn't really understand how the draft works.

So we don't get fair value but we take what CLE was offering 26+83 and keep our 47+78

or...

Like JJ we pick at 16 and trade our 47+78 for 34...

Would you rather have 26+47+78+83 in a deep draft or 16+34???

:picard
100% the former.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, we still need to be looking for, and finding, core starting prospects at key positions such as DE, DT, LB, and WR.

Ten to one says our day 3 consists of a small school safety, small school CB, TE and a late round RB and QB.
I'll take that bet. 100 bucks.

~spits on hand, extends to shake~

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You can bet that LB with the hyphenated name will be a pick of ours.

There's a total of like 6 guys that we actually could possibly pick and our favorites are not on the list, I bet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We didn't trade down because we couldn't get fair value, so we turn around and overpay to move up...

So we don't get fair value but we take what CLE was offering 26+83 and keep our 47+78

or...

You definitely lose Zach Martin that way and probably lose the fourth ranked defensive player on your board as well.

In 2010 you theoretically could have landed Bowman and Atkins that way, but that's cherry-picking the very best of the 3rd and 4th rounds. More than likely you'd have gotten Bowman and AOA anyways.

You also lose Dez Bryant and Sean Lee, and who knows who Jerry takes instead.

I'd say especially in Dallas' case a bird in the hand is much better than two in the bush. Bryant is a stud worth keeping over multiple picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My wishlist for the 4th in order: Telvin Smith, Justin Ellis, Jackson Jeffcoat, Caraun Reid, Bruce Ellington, Martavius Bryant, Aaron Murray.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Jeffcoat is pretty much another light-in-the-ass right end. You think we'd go there twice? Or just really like him?

Would be thrilled with Telvin Smith, Bruce Ellington, or Martavis Bryant.

D

Deuce

Shefter just said a lot of execs were turned off by McCarrons personality in the interview process.

Douche factor strikes again.

cmd34

Brand New Member
The Canadian kid intrigues me too. Yankey also has good value here. Antonio Richardson seems to have decent feet for a man his size but something must be up with him. Doubt Jerry has the patience/tolerance to go OL again though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Canadian kid intrigues me too. Yankey also has good value here. Antonio Richardson seems to have decent feet for a man his size but something must be up with him. Doubt Jerry has the patience/tolerance to go OL again though.
We need to back away from the guards now. Concentrate on the D.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My shitlist for today is rather small.

No douche McCarron.

K thanx bai

junk

Not So New Member

or...

Was it ever confirmed anywhere that this deal was on the table?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Golfed with a short guy yesterday...it got Acey out there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A smart choice from a big school...no small school gems, thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom