Report: Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Report: Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 10, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has not been charged, but is reportedly being investigated for a possible sexual assault.

TMZ reports that police are investigating an alleged incident at the Viceroy Hotel in Miami this month.

The investigation is described as in the “beginning stages.” No details were provided about the nature of the allegations against Kaepernick.

TMZ reached out to Kaepernick’s agent and the 49ers and neither had any comment.

UPDATE 12:43 p.m. ET: The 49ers released the following statement from General Manager Trent Baalke: “The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts.”

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He seems like the type of douche who would do something like that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He seems like the type of douche who would do something like that.
Seriously? How can you tell if somebody would be a sexual predator by seeing him play football and do some interviews?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This guy really does come off as retarded, although his TD celebration amuses me and as such I walk around work doing it, pretty good times.

Cotton

Staff member
April 10, 2014

Kaepernick, two other players, investigated in "suspicious incident" in Miami

Miami police are investigating what they termed a "suspicious incident" in Miami involving 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette, who once played for the 49ers and is a close friend of Kaepernick's.

According to the report, the incident occurred April 1 when a woman went to Lockette's apartment in Miami at 9 p.m. Kaepernick and Patton were there, and the woman made drinks and served shots to the players. She was also told "to drink the shots she had to 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana," the report said.

The report continues to say that the woman felt light headed and went to a bedroom where she was later joined by Kaepernick, 26, with whom she had a sexual relationship in the past. Kaepernick then left the bedroom. The two did not have sex, she said in the report. The report says that Patton, 23, and Lockette, 27, peeked inside the bedroom and that the woman yelled at them to get out.

According to the report, the woman does not remember anything about the night after that. She woke up in a hospital bed the following morning not knowing how she got there. The woman, whose name is redacted, reported the incident to police on April 3.

The 49ers released a statement from general manager Trent Baalke: "The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts."

Police cautioned that the investigation is in its early stages and that charges have not been filed. Kaepernick last year trained with Lockette in the Atlanta area and they lived together in Santa Clara until Lockette was released. The 49ers and Kaepernick currently are negotiating a multi-year contract extension that, if completed, will make Kaepernick the highest-paid 49er and one of the highest paid players in the league.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/04/kaepernick-two-other-players-investigated-in-suspicious-incident-in-miami.html#storylink=cpy

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would be kind of cool if this were legit.

Yeah, I know.

Cotton

Staff member
Kaepernick sounds off against TMZ report

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT

Despite the criticism routinely heaped on TMZ, TMZ routinely isn’t wrong. When it comes to TMZ’s initial report that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is being investigated for sexual assault, TMZ was wrong.

And Kaepernick is letting TMZ hear about it.

“The charges made in the TMZ story and other stories I’ve seen are completely wrong,” Kaepernick said on Twitter on Friday morning. “They make things up about me that never happened. I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up. I want to thank all of the people who have shared their encouraging sentiments. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced.”

Kaepernick is right. Miami police have said he’s not being investigated for sexual assault.

Still, there’s an incident report containing a set of facts that has a gap between the time a woman Kaepernick allegedly was kissing and disrobing passed out in an apartment bed and woke up in a hospital bed. By speaking out generally about the situation, Kaepernick may have opened the door to an expectation that he’ll address the specifics — and that he’ll explain what happened after the woman passed out. Or that he’ll dispute the details of her story.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
TMZ (sort of) stands by its Kaepernick report

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT

When news broke that Colin Kaepernick was involved in a police investigation in Miami, TMZ was on the story first, saying that Kaepernick was being investigated for an alleged sexual assault. But a police spokesman later said TMZ’s report was based on information that was taken out of context, and Kaepernick has slammed TMZ’s report as “completely wrong.”

For its part, TMZ is standing by its story. Sort of.

The top headline now at TMZ is, “Colin Kaepernick: Cops confirm investigation is ‘sexual in nature.’” The story under that headline cites a “well placed official at the Miami Police Department” as saying that Kaepernick is a suspect in an investigation that is “sexual in nature.”

It’s not clear what “sexual in nature” means, exactly, but while TMZ appears to be trying to stick with what it previously reported in the face of Kaepernick’s strong denial, the new TMZ report does not say specifically that Kaepernick is being investigated for a sexual assault, which is what the initial TMZ report said.

The fact that a police spokesman has said publicly that there’s no evidence of a sexual assault strongly suggests that neither Kaepernick nor anyone else is suspected of a sexual assault — the police aren’t normally in the business of saying publicly that there’s no evidence of a crime if they’re still investigating whether a crime has been committed.

All we know for sure is that a woman says that after drinking with Kaepernick, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton, and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette, she went to bed and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a hospital. That certainly fits the description of a “suspicious incident,” as the police have called it. But while TMZ insists that the police are privately confirming that the investigation is sexual in nature, that’s not what the police are saying publicly.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Kaepernick looks like a douche some bet he did it. The way he does his hair gives it away.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Rapernick just rolls off the tongue so it must be true

Top Bottom